“Very relaxing and friendly hotel !!”
Review of Flamingo Grand

Flamingo Grand
Ranked #4 of 31 Hotels in Albena
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Just home from 1 week there and it outstanding, nice and friendly hotel ! Fore me personly, Albena and this hotel as a bit wrong because I was traveling alone this time and like it a bit more lively..but really perfect for those who want things quiet ! :-) Albena shuts down 12.00 - and your of to bed.. Nice rooms with very nice bathroom! Exellent massage ! Free cleam chairs at pool and beach - so hazzel !! Mainly noregian guests. In total just very very nice!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Travels A
There are newer reviews for Flamingo Grand

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Okay it is a little expensive but you pay for what you get - modern, comfortable rooms in a great location only minutes from the beach.
Nice food
Large apartment style rooms with good TV channels and spacious balcony
Very Clean swimming pool in large well kept gardens
Choice of bars and entertainment within the hotel
Towns main street and streets for shopping and entertainment just outside.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 4, 2012

Positive:
Very nice place.
Not a 5 star hotel but 4 stars are worth.
Very good food, clean, very big rooms (studio), coffe and tee in room in the price included.
Ice disposer on floor.
Sun beds by the beach - beach very clean and nice.
Nice fitness area.
Negative:
Very weak internet signal, old towels at pool.
All arround the hotel ist very old and used - not much outside entertainment.

Room Tip: All rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank forgm
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Where do I start? I went to Sungarden Flamingo in June 2011 for 2 weeks with my two sisters aged 11 and 5 and my parents. I can easily say that it's the best vacation we've ever been on. It's perfect for familys and I can't believe it's ever had any bad reviews. We had a room with 3 extra beds and it was incredible, it looked like an apartment. We all loved it and the staff was lovely, helpful and really polite. The room was really clean and the bed were really comfortable. The cleaner was a really lovely lady, we tipped her a couple of times because she was so nice. She gave us lots of things, played with my youngest sister a xouple of times and even gave us presents when we left. The staff in the reception were really nice and they spoke good english. For the kids the animation team were amazing. My sisters are really shy but the animation team managed to get them to play with the other kids and join in. There were lots of activities for the kids and also for adults.

The food, what can I say about it? It was AMAZING. The breakfast had everything and more, I can't put it in words. The dinner was a huge buffet with new food every day and lovely staff. They were hygenical and knew how to handle the food. The restaurant was filled with staff and the waiters were really nice. My sisters especially enjoyed the dessert table. They had at least 15 types of desserts every day and fresh fruit all the time!

We loved Albena, there was so much to do. The hotel had 6 incredible pools and right in front of the hotel there were at least 200 stores lined up between the hotel and the beach. They weren't following you or adding any pressure or anything, they were lovely and if you didn't want to buy anything, they respected your decision. The beach was beautiful and there were small fun fairs everywhere which the kids loved. The water was amazing, it was warm but very very very salty. Which was good for your skin, we had silky smooth skin for several weeks! We went out over 100 m in the ocean and the water only got to our waists which was really fun since the kids could come out with us too and play in the waves. The water was crystal clear. There were a couple of small stones and sea shells in the beginning but once you got like 5 m out there was nothing on the bottom, just sand.

We decided to go to Varna to go shopping. My tip is, take a taxi! Not the bus, we almost took the bus but luckily we changed our minds. And also, ask the taxi driver if he can pick you up too, it's easier instead of going around chasing after a taxi. We had a really nice taxi driver who insisted on not taking any money until he'd drove us to Varna and back.

Now, the only bad thing I have to say about this whole experience is that it's really easy to get robbed. The thieves here are incredibly fast. The hotel told us several times to watch out and keep an eye on our bags and everything but me and my family didn't take it so serious since we'd never experienced anything like that. In Albena you don't have to worry at all but in the larger citys, like Varna you have to be really careful. We were shopping in New Yorker which was huge over there, 4 levels! My mum was looking at swimsuits and she had my handbag which is a beach bag and very big and open. In it was mny dad's wallet, my mum's wallet and all of our passports. A girl in her 20's walked past my mum and my sister started yelling, she's seen that the girl had put her hand down my mum's bag and my sister told my mum. My mum checked her bag and realised her wallet was missing. Luckily my sister saw it really quickly and we managed to get the wallet back. My dad ran over to see what was wrong and he instantly grabbed the girl's arm and started searching for the wallet. There were 3 of them, the thieves. An old woman, a little girl and that 20-year old girl. No one in the store cared about us. We were yelling and everything and the store wad crowded but everyone's too scared to do anything since Bulgaria is under the control of the maffia. I even told the police but they didn't do anything, they just asked what the thieves looked like.

But all in all we had an amazing trip. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone, not just familys. You'll never find a place with better service, food, quality and staff like this. I promise you, you won't regret going here. Also, if you want a more luxurious stay, pick the Flamingo Grand which is practically the same hotel but with bigger rooms.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank helinbaker
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Its one of the best hotels in Albena. I was satisfied with room which we got. But the cleaning of room was so avarage, we spill some little cookies pieces on floor and it was left the same place on the floor after cleaning the room. Towels were changed everyday. Personal in reception hardly spoken in English and also staff at dining room was so arrogant. We asked drinks and got it also after our 3th asking. Towels near pool need to be changed, it's too old and bad looking for 5* hotel. Atmosphere in hotel is quite cozy, if u will be lucky to get good weather I am sure u will enjoy your time near pool and near sea (which is about 5min by foot from hotel). Animation was very poor. Actually, I can say that it was poor quility 15min discos for childs in evening and one dance at around 4 o'clock in daytime. That's all.
As a resort Albena is little bit too boring. One main street with souveniers and places to eat and another one near sea with cafes, too.

Room Tip: If u get rooms in up floors u might see sea from your balcony
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank JzhJzh
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We stayed in May 2011 and had a great time. I was with my teenage children, husband and mother, we all enjoyed it Food was good grat choice, our room was upgraded and was wonderful however beds alittle hard. Pool area good and staff good. It is also in a good location.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank TRACY117
Reviewed September 11, 2011

The hotel room was great and the only complaint there was that the towels were tiny and rather thin, but lovely fluffy robes which are great for drying yourself! Water temperature could fluctuate at times, but generally fine. The buffet was good with plenty of choice and different food each night but it did tend to be luke warm rather than hot. The pool area was good, but the drainage area does need a good scrub and there were areas where the tiles had come off. The main criticism was the lack of mattresses for all these sun beds and so few towels. Those that they did have were a right old mismatch off odds and ends, thin and worn, the sort you send to the local dogs home for bedding! Reception do keep a store behind their desk so check there or take your own. Hotel is missing a trick by not having a waitress service around the pool and they really should not be selling beer in glass bottles for consumption by the pool. Very dangerous if one got smashed. Not a lot going on in albina and very few English. If you want a reasonably priced holiday and just want to soak up the sun then this is ideal. Beach is great for kids and the sea is very clean. Golden Sands seemed bigger and more to do and a bit more developed while albina is much smaller and a bit dated.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple