“The best 5 star resort in Wadduwa, SriLanka.”
Review of Serene Pavilions

Serene Pavilions
Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Wadduwa
Reviewed June 4, 2013

The moment you enter the gates of this resort, you are in paradise. The welcome is gracious and personal, the young lady at the front desk is professional and helpful. The gardens all around the buildings are a tropical wonder. All the accommodation is first class. I stayed in a scrumptious villa with it's own plunge pool. Impeccably furnished with all the latest and best items. My butler! Yes, my personal butler, looked after all my needs. Breakfast was was delivered at my time and consisted of whatever I desired. You try and do that at any other hotel? Other meals I had in the main restaurant. The food was fine and the service attentive.
My only regret was that the monsoon rains came, as expected. Even that was an extraordinary sight as it poured in quantities I have never seen before. What an experience!
All in all, I strongly recommend this resort as great value and a special experience.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank miklos220

Reviewed May 23, 2013

My wife & I had a lovely 6 night stay at Serene, we would recommend anyone to go there to relax & chill out in beautiful surroundings. When were at Serene Pavilions there was only us and one other couple which meant we were spoilt for attention by the excellent staff. The Ocean Pavilions are large and very nice, most of the time we just used upstairs where the pleasant bedroom & large bathroom were (incidentally the air conditioning in the bedroom is only just up to the job of keeping the room cool). We were looked after by our butler Amal who was very efficient, we have nothing but the highest praise for his care & attention. I had 2 superb massages in the Spa, they were the very best massages I have ever had. On 1 day the hotel arranged a trip for us to Galle which we enjoyed.....the rest of the time we just relaxed by the superb pool & on the sunbeds in the gardens overlooking the beach & played tennis. Perhaps our only minor criticism might be the food.....breakfast is superb.....but the evening meal is expensive and a bit inconsistent, sometimes good, sometimes not so good. Nowhere is perfect though, but Serene Pavilions is as near as you can get.....go there if you can afford it, you won't regret it.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed at Serene because we had one last night in Sri Lanka and wanted a location near Colombo before flying off. We would not do this again, as Colombo also has decent places and for some beach feeling, Negombo is better located. The property is nice but isolated and on a beach which is not much use (brown water, strong current, dirty sand, zero facilities, cows sleeping at night). To compensate for this, the rooms/bungalows are over-sized with a dip-pool (did not use it as the water was not clear). The common pool is nice but for this, one does not have to come all the way. Also not for dinner / breakfast which we found good but not special. The garden bungalows are not at all recommendable, as there is no view (except onto the dip-pool) and little air-flow, so it's rather stuffy. The sea-view bungalows are better and more airy. We felt that this place has good intentions but somehow it did not click. It takes less than 1 h to downtown Colombo.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Fuzzyguy
Reviewed April 18, 2013

We stayed here for two days; it is perfect the staff the welcoming ceremony just lovely. We had a garden pavilion room which was lovely; the plunge pool was always warm and total privacy. We met our butler and also had a houseboy this is a total indulgence. We ate in the restaurant for all meals whilst our butler served us, the food is exceptional. The standard of accommodation is outstanding, I loved the huge marble bathroom. It has a gym and a spa which are small but good we both used; the grounds are well maintained and immaculate. There is free Wi-Fi with the code. We even saw the toddy man in the coconut palms collecting the toddy that was exciting walking across the ropes. At night walking along the beach is magic just outside the gate there is a ship wreck where a container ship washed up after the tsunami as a reminder of the tragedy. At dusk the cows arrive on the beach unreal to see; I loved the whole experience of the place.

1  Thank chrishayward
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We travelled to serene pavilions on our honeymoon and at first sight we fell in love with the place. We stayed at an ocean pavilion called Prashanti. The pavilion was large and spacious and it had everything you could think of. The Bathroom was gorgeous. We had a lovely kitchen/pantry which was well-equipped. Food was great. A special thank you to our butler Asela who did a wonderful job in making sure that we had our meals whenever and wherever we wanted to dine. He got our private plunge pool area covered from the sea as well because we wanted privacy. More than anything it was a very relaxing stay and the perfect place for our honeymoon. Would love to visit again!
Mr. & Mrs. Raqib Azeez

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Gorgeous property. The ocean pavilions were massive and very cozy. Food was good but definitely overpriced.
The plunge pool had a good depth to it yet the area lacked privacy as butlers and other guests would walk by from time to time.
Loved the jacuzzi effect in the main swimming pool, it was lots of fun!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RukshilaG
AnuraL, Deputy Chairman / Chief Executive. at Serene Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Rukshila,

Thank you very much for your feed back on the tripadvisor.

I wish to inform you that on request we do provide a temporary partition that covers the Ocean Pavilion's Private Pool area . However, arising from your comments, we would request our Butlers to specifically check with all our customers whether they require any such covering to avoid this kind of situation in the future.

We look forward to welcome you again at Serene Pavilions.

Thanks & best regards,
Anura Lokuhetty.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Yes it is true, this is the place to come and just bliss out at the end of a busy tour of Sri Lanka, we couldn't of done it any better than staying here for a 2 night stay.

We had a Garden Pavilion and it was lovely. We were shown the Ocean view one as well, but we preferred that the garden one was more private. The villa had a lovely private plunge pool as well as the main swimming pool which we could have used if we wanted to with four jacuzzi beds.
The grounds are very well kept and landscaped, and the beach front area was very pretty, so you can hear the sound of the sea without even being on the beach. Our butler was called Ash and was very friendly and helpful. The food was excellent, and the view when eating simply wonderful. Yes it wasn't cheap, but we both felt so relaxed and de-stressed by the end of this trip it was worth every penny. Very romantic place. I bought a very pretty ring from the jeweller on the resort. I saw a stone I really liked the look of, and he made it up into a ring for that very same night, what service! No idea if a paid a good price, but I love it so much I don't care!

The only problem we had is when we paid our bill, the system seemed to be down and it took forever to sort and felt they implied my card was to blame at first. I was a bit worried that they swiped my card so many times it may debit more than once so had to check with my bank just in case, but all was fine.

Room Tip: The Garden Pavilion is lovely, after seeing the Ocean Pavilion as well, felt that the garden one is...