Club Hotel Dolphin
$73
Priceline
  • Beachfront
2,489 results
All reviewsquiet poolasda toursanimation teamfirst choiceelephant orphanagewaves restauranttuk tukmain poolsri lankalanka tourscanal gardena la carte restaurantday tripfish marketcurriessnack barfantastic holiday
Reviewed June 27, 2013

We stayed here in October 2011 & I must say we were very lucky.
The trip only cost us £800 pp due to the hotel being renovated, but on arrival it was finished & half empty. The rooms were superb & food good although the meat dishes are very lean in Sri Lanka.
During our stay we booked some trips with the ASDA boys & they were excellent, my only gripe is their jewellery shop! I bought my then girlfriend (now my lovely wife) a diamond engagement ring. I knew the grading they told me would be way off & if honest I was a little worried. However I had the ring valued at home on our return to find it was real & worth 3 times what I'd paid. The better half however was sold some "white sapphires" to find out later they were nothing more than glass. We then found out its a worldwide trick as white sapphires don't actually exist.
But the hotel was fantastic & well worth the visit, but if you visit Sri Lanka go to the villages & take the kids sweets, go & visit the country because its very humbling & does make you appreciate what you have. From locals always smiling to hotel staff always helping, it's a wonderful place.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank activ8pt
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My husband and I have just returned from Sri Lanka after spending 4 weeks at the Club Hotel Dolphin.We have been many times but this was the first time at this time of year as due to the Monsoon season is classed as out of season.We chose the Dolphin again as we have made many friends both in the hotel and the neighboring village.We were aware that the hotel was having major refurbishments carried out to the main buildings but this did not deter us.As the hotel stands in vast grounds there was no disruption or inconvenience to guests staying in the villas.
The food was excellent and as there were not too many guests we ate our meals in the al a carte restaurant with guests able to select from the selection of meats and seafood ,which was then cooked and brought to your table.We found the selection of food excellent ,my favorite breakfast was waffles cooked fresh to order.
The hotel is due to open fully in November and we were pleased to see that no staff have been laid off.The staff ,of which there are over 300,are working for 5 days,then 5 days training where they are receiving training in English and German. ,I T and training in other departments then having free time at home for a few days.This will ensure that there will be no staffing shortages once it reopens.
We had a couple of rainy days during our stay but on the whole the weather was very good .
Many thanks to the General Manager Daniel,Food and beverage manager Andrew and Zoyza the executive chef and all the other wonderful staff who looked after us so well,we were not disappointed and can't wait to return to Sri Lanka,our home from home.
As we were repeat guests we received wine,chocs and fresh fruit in our room,a complimentary massage in the spa ,a repeat guest dinner and a complimentary private transfer to the airport.

Room Tip: At present due to the refurbishment the main block is closed but the villas have recently been refurbished to a high standard and are situated well away from any building work.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank maddogDoncaster
Reviewed June 6, 2013

1- you will enjoy food and tropical theme of restaurants ,one of best dinner buffet you can expect
if you be fair and food lover
2- great pool , and very nice view .
3- some stuff are lazy and confuse .
4- nice design and decoration totally make it memorable.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank m-World-313
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Thank you Dolphin” for me to have a memorable home coming function @ your place on 17th may 2013 as this was the 3rd wedding function within my family @ Dolphin.
But we were really disappointed because of the location changes done by the management. Those changes were not only once, twice but several times which make us really uncomfortable. We never expected that kind of thing as a star class hotel from Dolphin. Here after kindly pay your attention to those kinds of incidents.
I really appreciate the helpful support done by all staff members specially Mr. Andrew and Kumara Mapa to overcome all difficulties. Finally as a loyal family of Dolphin we really thankful to Dolphin for everything.
Prabath Lowe and Family

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Prabath L
SLML, General Manager at Club Hotel Dolphin, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your sentiments on our hotel. We are happy to know that our staff had been able to assist you in the third wedding function of your family and we hope the function was enjoyable to all your invitees. I will also convey your thanks and appreciation to Andrew and Kumara as well. We are sorry to hear that you were disappointed regarding the venue change. However, we communicated the hotel refurbishment program as early as November 2012 to you, and since you were very particular about arranging this event during our partial closure period we have clearly indicated that there would be alterations in the placement of the event due to the circumstances. We sincerely hope you understand the constrains we had in assisting you with this function and hope this experience will not deter you from returning to us.

Yours sincerely,

Daniel Ludwig

Reviewed May 27, 2013

Club Dolphin is located in between the city of Colombo and the Main airport. The spacious surrounding and garden, clean and wide beach, unique main swimming pool and another small pool, good entertainment programs and lovely spicy food were more than enough to run short of time for the day. This is an ideal place to be away from the busy life and spend the holiday without any external noise, but if you are looking for any other activity such as shopping, or going to the city, this may not be the right choice. I selected this place due to its location, facilities, quality of service, and more than anything, I could run to the Airport within 30 minutes to catch my flight.

This hotel displays one of the best presentations of deserts which looks so artistic and I felt sorry to disturb it by eating! The hotel is also very closer to a small river which offers short boat rides in the lagoon and some limited water sports activities. Accommodation comes in two basic types, cabanas or rooms in tiered building. Both types has its own advantages and gives the value for money. I stayed here three times, once in a cabana, then a triple and finally in the suite. The suite is spacious enough for a family of four.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family