Arrive midnight in Colombo Airport and the drive to Berjaya Colombo was great and smooth. No traffic and cooling! The last mile went through really narrow roads but finally arrived at hotel. its more of a resort by the city! Because it is located on Mt Lavinia beach but still considered a city hotel. Lobby was bright and newly renovated. Check in was a breeze, becos its past midnight...
The layout of the rooms are great. it was recently renovated, so it has all the requirements of a good room. Best of all is my room faces the sea. There were a lot of talk about the train crossing the coast. Woke up early in the morning just to experience it first hand, the commuter train packed with people going to work zipping past the hotel. Its noisy at first but you get used to it. The train run across the coastline throughout the colombo city, so you can't really avoid it though. Try standing at overhead bridge when train runs across below! interesting sensation!!!
Room looks new as it was recently renovated but a bit bare for my taste. It needs the local sri lankan touch. Hot & cold water does not work properly so taking bath was an ordeal initially but it was rectified the second day. Breakfast was adequate! nothing to shout about but the swimming pool is big with lots of deck chairs around. The Beach bar is located on Mt Lavinia Beach and a great place to sit and just "ppl watching", especially during the weekends. It has a Malaysian Restaurant located on the beach and we actually had dinner there. its not exactly Malaysian for puritans like me, but i guess it will do ...
Woke up early one morning just to walk along the beach, and it was quite interesting! Saw fishing boats coming back with their catch and locals exercising! Beach is quite clean....
It only takes about 20-30 minutes to reach the city mainly because of the traffic and narrow roads! City is worth the visit. Try the sri lankan crabs at Ministry of Crabs.. its pricey but great experience..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located at 10km south of Colombo, the largest city of Sri Lanka, also renowned for its ancient ruins and histories. Berjaya Hotel Colombo consists of 90 rooms equipped with contemporary facilities with simple and soothing interior. For business purposes, thriving conferences and meetings are to be held idyllically at its Royal Room and 3 separate meeting rooms. On savouring the convenience Berjaya Hotel Colombo offers, guests may also utilize the amenities provided. From water-splashing in the pool to luxurious sunbath by the beach, the fun goes on. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Agoda, Cancelon, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Berjaya Hotel Colombo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Berjaya Mount Royal Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Berjaya Hotel Colombo Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia