this is a cheap and basic guest house with dark and dingy rooms. there is no hot water and no AC - only celing fans. the rooms have 2 narrow single beds which are not very comfortable. breakfast is taken in the open-air dining area. the few staff on duty are friendly and helpful. the location is good for the beach - only a short walk. the nearest supermarket is about 15 minutes walk away - up a steep hill. evening meals are not available but there are a few outside dining options to choose from. this place is ideal for those on a very limited budget but there are better alternatives nearby.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ivory Inn is conveniently located at 21, De Saram Road in Mount Lavinia, which is located about 10 km from the city of Colombo. Consisting of 15 rooms including 2 dorm rooms. It is in close proximity to one of the best beaches in Sri Lanka, the Mount Lavinia Beach which is a hop, step and a jump from the Ivory Inn. It is within walking distance to Banks, ATMs, Super-markets, Restaurants, Take-away outlets and Shops. It is situated close to the popular Mount Lavinia Hotel. The Ivory Inn offers affordable, clean and comfortable hostel accommodation for back packers and budget travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HostelWorld, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Ivory Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivory Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Ivory Inn Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia