3,072 results
All reviewsprivate beachcolonial hotelseafood covemount laviniasri lankagovernor's restaurantpool terracedirect ocean view roomindian oceanhigh tealobby managerseafood restaurantold world charmoverlooking the seamain restaurantcolonial stylecolonial feel
Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

This was my solo trip to srilanka and i am glad that i choose mountlavinia. Its an excellent property with awesome breakfast options i had never seen so much variety in food and it tasted so good.Superb private beach area to spend your time peacefully extra friendly staff i had my grear time there just wanna say thanks for making my trip memorabale:)

Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank dlml-ghnvg
MLHGroup, Public Relations Manager at Mount Lavinia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2018

Dear Valued Guest
We are delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent experience with us. It is the biggest reward for all our efforts towards creating memories for our guests. We appreciate your generous compliments on our friendly staff, service, private beach and iconic location. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2017 via mobile

Colonial hotel steeped in history. Views from our room where great and the food was also very good. Lovely pool area again with very nice views of the ocean. Room was nice and clean but felt a little tired. Main criticism would be the rubbish on the beach. Pics below. Just felt it would have been easy to have a daily sweep of the beach to remove plastic bottles etc.

Stayed: November 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard C

Dear Valued Guest
We are delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent experience with us. It is the biggest reward for all our efforts towards creating memories for our guests. We appreciate your generous compliments on our amazing views, rooms, and amazing views. We do apologize for the tired rooms and the rubbish on the beach, measures have been taken to rectify these issues. Nevertheless, we are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Mount Lavinia Hotel is one of the oldest hotels in Colombo with a history of over 200 years. I stayed in this hotel during my official trip in Sri Lanka last time and loved the very good facilities of accommodation and dinning in this hotel. During the current visit in Colombo with my family, we stayed in Cinnamon Grand Colombo. We planned to visit Mount Lavinia beach and had a dinner in the Mount Lavinia Hotel, as I love the hotel. The hotel has a number of dining options, we tried buffet dinner at the Terrace, one of their best dining facilities. My family absolutely love the great atmosphere, food and service at the buffet was very good with very helpful and cooperative staffs. We had great time there, we enjoyed our meals there as well as the accompanying music.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank zamanwho
MLHGroup, Director of Sales at Mount Lavinia Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2017

Dear Valued Guest

We are delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent experience with us. It is the biggest reward for all our efforts towards creating memories for our guests. We appreciate your generous compliments on our friendly staff, food and overall atmosphere. We are thrilled to hear you and your family had an excellent dinning experience with us. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us and immensely pleasured that you enjoyed our hospitable service. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 25, 2017

Driving up to this hotel reminded me of something straight out of an old film. The building, uniforms of the door staff and ambience was surreal. After checking in, I went to my room, which was OK, however, what took my breath away was the ocean view from my room and balcony. Nice sized balcony, comfortable bed and good bathroom facilities in the old side of the building. However, I then moved to the new rooms and found them to be much more comfortable. What can I say about the staff apart from simply brilliant! I dined at the restaurant one evening and I happen to tell one of the chefs who was talking with guest that I like daal, which I couldn't see in the buffet selection. He apologised by saying it wasn't on the menu that evening, however, after sitting down at my table, he turned up with a bowl of piping hot daal! That is going above and beyond the call of duty. It is true what they say, staff can make or break a place and this place has some amazing people representing the brand. I enjoyed staying in room 111 (first floor) as I was closer to the ocean.....higher up isn't always better or impressive.

Room Tip: Ocean view all the way!!
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled solo

Dear Raja

We are delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent experience with us. It is the biggest reward for all our efforts towards creating memories for our guests. We appreciate your generous compliments on our friendly staff who went above and beyond to serve you. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the food and amazing views we have to offer. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us and immensely pleasured that you enjoyed our hospitable service. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 24, 2017

we stayed in Mount Lavinia on our first day before embarking on a tour of the country. Its a beautifully designed building from the colonial era so if you are interested in this type of buildings then it is well worth a stay here.
I must say it does need a lot of work especially in some of the hotel corridors, maintenance wise.
we had dinner on the beach in the beach hut and it was one of the most memorable dinners. the tiger prawns were probably the biggest i have ever eaten.
as it is literally on the sea, you can hear the sound of the waves in your room. the pool area also boasts beautiful views

Room Tip: you are there to see the ocean. ask for an ocean view room ;-)
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Ash

We are delighted to read your review and thank you for taking the time to write such an excellent feedback regarding your recent experience with us. It is the biggest reward for all our efforts towards creating memories for our guests. We appreciate your generous compliments about our seafood cove restaurant on the beach. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed the food, especially the prawns. We are delighted to hear you had an enjoyable experience with us and immensely pleasured that you enjoyed our hospitable service. We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.