Having spent 5 weeks travelling around Sri Lanka staying in guest houses we finished our trip with a lash out staying here for 4 nights.
The swimming pool area is lovely and relaxing through the day (when not visiting Colombo city) and for the afternoon the beach area just across the railway lines made for a pleasant walk and people watching experience.
The rooms were of a good standard and when we had a plumbing problem it was taken care of immediately. Overall I would have to say that the service we received here was excellent.
My only caution would be that if you are of a nervous disposition the train line runs literally past the back fence and during peak periods trains can be quite frequent and noisy. For us this was not a problem however I did hear someone else complain.
The food that we ate at the resort was very nice and available at all reasonable hours and down on the beach were dozens of alternative food and beverage outlets.
All in all, I thought it was a well run establishment. I did feel that it was a bit over-priced however in general I found Sri Lanka to be ridiculously expensive for the quality of accommodation and at least here at Ranveli the service was good and the pool lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In operation since 1972,one of the oldest budget hotels in mount Lavinia, which has been creating memorable holidays for thousands of satisfied visitors from around the world, such as USA, UK, Australia, Germany, Italy, France, Netherlands, Sweden, India, Maldives etc.Due to our long experience in the hotel trade we have many repeat guests. The main attraction in our hotel is located by the beach, adjoining to the famous Mount Lavinia Hotel and the affordable rates that we offer. Ranveli Beach Resort has 32 comfortable, Clean, well furnished rooms (with attached bathrooms) equipped with standard and Semi Luxury amenities. All A/C double rooms and family rooms are equipped with Air Conditioning, hot/cold water and cable TV and also over looking the Indian ocean. Most of our rooms are with private Balcony where can watch the incredible “sunset” or the breath taking view of the Indian Ocean.In addition we are famous for our very friendly and helpful staff. The well laid large Garden and our private beach can be used for “sun bathing & relaxing while enjoying the fresh air of the Mount Lavinia beach.Most guests like our “Rice & Curry “However our restaurant offers its guests a tasteful a la carte menu of Eastern, Western & International cuisine at a very low price. Sea food "Platter” which is prepared by our well experienced chef is delicious and popular. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Booking.com, Hotwire, Agoda and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Ranveli Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ranveli Beach Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Ranveli Beach Resort Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia