Ranveli Beach Resort
Mount Lavinia Hotel(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
$98
$88
Tropic Inn Hotel(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)(Great Value!)
$31
$28
Mount Lodge Boutique Hotel(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
$63
$58
Rivi Ras Hotel(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
$34
Hotels.com
Anarva Mount Lavinia(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
$60
$41
Palms Mount Lavinia(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
$41
$38
Ceylon City Hotel, Mt Lavinia(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
$48
$43
Agoda.com
Ivory Inn(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
$23
Royce Hotel(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
TripAdvisor
Berjaya Hotel Colombo(Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsswimming poolsri lankarailway trackpassing trainsbudget hotelsmount laviniarooms are cleanprivate beachbars and restaurantsvery pleasant stayhome away from homereception areacolombomrratessearenovation
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Six of us stayed here at Ranveli Beach Resort for three nights. Since it is located almost on the beach (actually not on the beach, but just across the railway track, perfect location!), rooms are a bit dark and wet. However, it is nicely clean and comfortable stay once you used to it.

I got a horrible stomach ach on my arrival, since I got something wrong from a local food court at the Katunayaka Airport, and two of us also got the same trouble during the stay. Every staff worried about us and provided us local remedies... Lime juice and tea with lime. I was worrying about our health problem a lot, but their nice friendly services really helped me to relax and cope.

Ranveli Beach Resort also provided us nice comfortable transportation to Dambulla with reasonable charges. It was a sudden request since three of us wanted to rest a little while on the departure day because of the health problem, and we missed our group bus which was going to Dambulla.

Anyway, we very much appreciated their services, and this is the place to get the Sri Lankan hospitality! Highly recommended!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
RANVELIMOUNTLAVINIA, Front Office Manager at Ranveli Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I went to Ranveli on my friends recommendation for my honeymoon. Being into travel industry my wife expected me to plan everything myself rather than looking for packages. Ranveli came to us by luck and i must say it didn't disappoint us. My wife is very happy of not having a television in our cottage so she got an undivided attention :D. The Cottage had a main entrance and a back door entrance opening to the beach. The food at the restaurant was fabulous. The hotel had its own beach and there were hardly any people crossing by. The evenings were amazing at the swimming pool, post dinner entertainment, sports activities, etc made us not leave the resort for 3 days. I would recommend Ranveli and even would like to go back for the generous and genuine hospitality that we experienced there.
P.S : Also dont miss the candle light dinner on the on the lake for a very nominal price.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RANVELIMOUNTLAVINIA, Owner at Ranveli Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Having stayed at many different hotels in Sri Lanka, I enjoyed my stay at Ranveli the most due to the friendly atmosphere and trustworthy staff who were always willing to help by going out of their way to make me feel right at home. A special mention to the outstanding management team who made all guests feel welcome.

I highly recommend Ranveli to all travelers.

Room Tip: The family rooms are very comfortable.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
RANVELIMOUNTLAVINIA, Manager at Ranveli Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Ranveli Beach Resort in Mount Lavinia, Sri Lanka is a medium size hotel located meters from the beach. The hotel offers a range of room options to fit any budget.

Having stayed at a number of different hotels in Sri Lanka, I have to mention that the experience at Ranveli was second to none with a quality of service that surpasses the standards of some of the high end accommodation options.

Nothing was too much trouble for the staff and their level of hospitality did not fade as the days and weeks of my visit passed. I would highly recommend this hotel for individuals and families as it really did feel like a home away from home. The staff and management were always accommodating and the environment safe and enclosed.

Ishara, Australia

Room Tip: Spend a little extra and ask whether one of the family rooms are available. It's worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Ishara S
RANVELIMOUNTLAVINIA, Owner at Ranveli Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

We are so happy to hear that your stay in our Beach resort was great .
Thank-you so much hope to see you again

Reviewed August 14, 2013

I've been to this place more than five times now. and still am looking forward to come back, Soon ;)
I've Been to other beach hotels around this area, truthfully, this place has one the best staff that ive seen. friendly, trustworthy, responsible and most of all Punctual.
the way they are upgrading the place, i really like.
Above all, even though this time they were undergoing renovation, the service is till the same :D
Im from Maldives and i work in this field im really satisfied *Two thumbs up*

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family