“Memorable stay at Ranveli Beach Resort at affordable rates”

Ranveli Beach Resort
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Memorable stay at Ranveli Beach Resort at affordable rates”
Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visited Colombo Sri Lanka recently from 25th Oct - 5th November. The first four days, I stayed at Ranveli Beach Resorts, then from 29th onward moved to other bigger hotel in the Mount Lavinia Beach. I decided to return back to Ranveli on the remaining two nights (3rd - 5th Nov 2012) before my return to Indonesia.

Ranveli offers clean room, good foods and staff hospitality at very affordable price. Staying for a couple days at Ranveli Beach Resort was memorable one. I was really feeling like at my own home. The days I stayed there passed very quickly. Helpful and friendly staff and a good owner who is always ready to help the guests has made my stay at this hotel was like staying with my closest friends. We will be in a good hand of the Ranveli owner and Staff.

My compliments to the owner and the hotel staff, especially Mr. Manjula at the reception who has been so helpful and kind to me. If I have another chance to visit Colombo, I would love to stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Polish first
wrexham, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Had fantastic 2 weeks with family. Staff friendly and helpful,nothing to much effort for them,room altho basic had every thing we needed,clean and well maintained. Pool was fantastic,just the thing to cool off and have fun in. hopefully will go back again in the future

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Alethea M
Wrexham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I have returned to Sri Lanka for a 2nd year and stayed at the Ranveli Beach Resort for 2 weeks. The staff were amazingly friendly and could not go out their way to ensure our stay was comfortable. They were also renovating and building a swimming pool which should be open on the 16th October 2012, which will make a valuable addition to their resort. The food was delicious, the rooms extremely clean and the location central to meet all your needs. Although the train track runs infront of the hotel the trains do not run at night, and even though there are a few mosquitos due to the tropical climate the staff were very willing to provide anti mosquito plugs ins and incence repellent. This resort is great value for money and i will definately visit again!!

Room Tip: Ask for A/C and if you are not happy with the room for any reason - inform the staff and they will a...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Stephw178
Singapore, null, Singapore
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked this hotel for a short business trip and found a great rate. Because of the low rate, I had low expectations for this property, in spite of all of the glowing reviews here and on tripadvisor.com. Was I ever wrong.

The hotel is on a punctuated with strip malls and a few grocery stores. Upon walking into the lobby, one is presented with a fresh, updated interior and a friendly front desk clerk(Manjula).

Like the lobby, the room was fresh, contemporary, spacious and immaculately clean. In fact, this was the cleanest room I've ever stayed in.

During my stay I remarked to the front desk clerk, and later to someone whom I believe was a manager, that this was one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in terms of room comfort. Better, in fact, than the Beverly Hills and Tropic Inn, both of which I have previously stayed in.

personally the reason why this resort is more successful than others in the same area is only because the management and staff try harder and they always priorities there own guests needs and happiness.

At last, my stay at the Ranveli Beach Resort was F*king enjoyable and a great value for my money.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Heshan R
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Having just been spoiled by a 2 week stay on the Perhentian Islands,we were a little dismayed at the prospect of spending any time here.Rooms were 'tired' though quite clean.Bathroom wasn't great and lots of mozzies.Trains passing frequently made it quite noisy at times.We also weren't happy at being woken up at a silly hour to turn off the ancient A/C in the room-I had forgotten I hadn't requested it!Small mistake which could have been rectified in the morning.....yet there was no apology when we were without electricity for most of the next day and evening.We felt sorry for the wedding party!
The only plus was the breakfast-very helpful waiter and nothing was too much trouble for him!Shame though,because the location is quite good(apart from the trains).Just in massive need of an upgrade.Or at least a good clean!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JULES44Wales
India
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We were four friends who stayed in 1 family room for two days in June 2012. The location is ideal... just few minutes from the beach. Rooms were simple, AC worked just fine and the bed was really comfortable. Bathrrom was clean but the shower and the flush did not work properly, so we had to get the hotel staff to fix it for us. The resort has its own drawbacks. For e.g. the railway track runs right behind the resort and this can be really distrubing. The resort is a good 12 km away from the Colombo city center so you will need to rely on a rented vehicle or Tuk-Tuk to take you to and from to the city center. The breakfast spread was minimal, just the toasts, omelettes and juice. The hotel staff were excellent, really friendly. Manjul gave us a good deal with arranging a vehicle for our local sight seeing for 2 days. Overall, this place is a good value for the money you pay. If you need the luxury and ready to pay for it, Mt. Lavinia beach hotel is very close by.

Room Tip: Try and get a room which is away from the railway track. But i guess the options are limited.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank iamkau
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Location is on beach but this is not a swimming beach, it's ocean with strong currents. Lovely place to be on a Sunday where you can watch people enjoying their family outings. The hotel is 10k from Colombo which is a very dusty half- hour trip by tuk- tuk. The quality of the rooms varies, specify what you want in regard to AC, TV, hot water, floor level and noise tolerance. Staff very friendly and helpful, food basic but they try to accommodate your needs. You can use the pool at the Mt Lavinia hotel 5 mins away for small charge and this is a great place to enjoy a meal and the view over the ocean. Ranveli is kept as clean as possible but lots of the wood and groutting in the rooms is rotting away and the bathroom fittings are way beyond their useful lifespan. The whole hotel needs a major refit urgently.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family