We stayed at Mount Lavinia House for the first 3 days of our trip - in the suburbs of Colombo but far enough out to have that 'beach feel', though still urban. It is a small guest house, in a beautifully designed and maintained neo-colonial house, with a swimming pool which amazingly stretches from inside the house into the garden. The garden itself is a beautiful walled oasis, but accept that the railway (which runs all the way along the coast here) is just over the wall at the bottom of the garden. We weren't bothered about this - or crossing it on foot directly onto the beach and the beach restaurants, where there is a good choice - our favourite was La Voile Blanche. The staff are very accommodating and friendly (although their english is fairly limited) and our room (with a balcony looking out to the ocean) was clean, adequately (though not extravagantly) furnished and very comfortable, with aircon. Lovely breakfasts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lavinia House is a budget hotel which is great for the budget traveler as well as your purse. The most affordable prices and comfortable rooms to begin your holiday in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Please get in touch with us and we will give you our best services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your Mount Lavinia House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mount Lavinia House Hotel Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia
- Mount Lavinia House Sri Lanka/Dehiwala-Mount Lavinia