“Fresh seafood and friendly service ”
Review of The Angler

The Angler
Cuisines: European, Chinese, International, Sri Lankan
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 30, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I visited this restaurant for dinner based on the great reviews on Trip Advisor. The seafood was fresh and the food took time to come as it was prepared after the order was placed. So it was hot and tasty. The place is owned by a lovely couple. The husband kept us company while the wife prepared the food. Great portions and the price per person was reasonable. We sat outside on the balcony as it was a nice and cool night. I wouldn't say this is the best place for seafood but we would visit again

Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

We had a crab curry, prawn curry and the 3 traditional veg curries. It was all delicious and fresh, the crab curry and sambol were particularly lovely. The couple that own it are very friendly. There is beer and wine available.

1  Thank AJ220789
Reviewed September 1, 2017 via mobile

I loved this restaurant! Fabulous food, excellent customer service, clean and located steps from my hotel. The owner made recommendation for my meal and it was perfect. I will come back before I leave.

Reviewed August 24, 2017 via mobile

My wife and I stayed at Mount Lavinia hotel and as I had seen this restaurant on tripadvisor we walked up the road and had dinner .We weren't disappointed and enjoyed a crab curry and grilled fish. Highly recommend.

Reviewed August 19, 2017

A must visit if staying at Mount Lavina Hotel.
We went for a night and returned the next as we were all so impressed.
Food was well worth it-fresh, home style, local cuisine. Service was great with husband serving and wife cooking. Great for kids as also had 'western ' options for fussy kids.. Well priced and great size servings.
English speaking and very friendly sharing with us some information about their family and sights in Sri Lanka. Also offered our children free wi-fi.
A must visit - you will not be disappointed.
well done