So much more than a hotel - an inspiring development project, aiming to provide income and education to the local community.
Rooms are superb, and the location is wonderful - on a long, and otherwise deserted strip of beach. A great range of excursions are offered, from trips to Ibo island to whale watching (and we did see whales).
Food is delicious, and the staff were wonderful. The lack of electricity changes your pace of life - up early, afternoons lying in your hammock watching the monkeys play on your porch, and early to bed.
The best thing is the ability to interact with the local community (a great football game, and walks through the village). Can't recommend it enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guludo is a tropical, barefoot beach paradise; 12km of deserted powder-white sand nestled between the dazzling azure Indian Ocean and wild African Bush. Accommodation provides everything you need and nothing you don’t. With high roofs, gentle sea breezes, alfresco en-suite bathrooms with a stunning “loo with a view”; barefoot luxury never felt more indulgent. The essence of Guludo is relaxation and discovery. Time is spent drifting over magnificent coral reefs, watching humpback whales, visiting islands and mingling in the local village. Guludo is also responsible tourism at its finest, even while snoozing in your hammock you are helping to relieve poverty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Guludo Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guludo Beach Hotel Quirimbas National Park
- Guludo Beach Lodge Mozambique/Quirimbas National Park