This was simply amazing. Got there and all the bandas face the sea, every morning the sun shines through the windows and you hear the sea right next to you. The shower for me was definitely the best. There is no power during the day (and you dont need it) in the lodge because the generator is only turned a couple of hours a day so the shower is filled twice everyday with hot water. The shower is outside and to use it you pull a rope and warn water falls on you. Simply delicious. The staff was very nice, and the food also. Everyday a different chef´s choice and always wonderful. There is not much to do besides rest and go to the beach but they do offer some activities. We went to the Rolas Island and did some snorkeling and got a wonderful pick nick at the beach can also do diving if you like. Also went to see the sunset in a belvedere and drink a nice gin and tonic and visited the village they sponsor with the project.
I have to say I really loved that place, even the vervet monkeys wonder around sometimes. Its a peace of untouched land where you can delight yourself with the simple things of life. Really a good different vacation
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guludo is a tropical, barefoot beach paradise; 12km of deserted powder-white sand nestled between the dazzling azure Indian Ocean and wild African Bush. Accommodation provides everything you need and nothing you don’t. With high roofs, gentle sea breezes, alfresco en-suite bathrooms with a stunning “loo with a view”; barefoot luxury never felt more indulgent. The essence of Guludo is relaxation and discovery. Time is spent drifting over magnificent coral reefs, watching humpback whales, visiting islands and mingling in the local village. Guludo is also responsible tourism at its finest, even while snoozing in your hammock you are helping to relieve poverty. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com so you can book your Guludo Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Guludo Beach Hotel Quirimbas National Park
- Guludo Beach Lodge Mozambique/Quirimbas National Park