“Worst steak ever! Stay away!”
Review of Montana Mike's Steakhouse - CLOSED

Montana Mike's Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I'm new to North Dakota and heard about this place from some co-workers. Listening to them was my first mistake. I took my wife and three kids here on a Saturday afternoon. The hostess was rude and acted like we offended her just by walking in. Our waiter was okay, but I suspect that was because he was so high. The restaurant only had about 7 customers and yet we had to wait over an hour for our food. My 6 year old ordered the steak bites from the kids' menu and the meat was absolutely bloody. It was also very greasy. When a 6 year old says, it's too greasy, you've got problems. My wife ordered the sirloin, but when she took the first bite, she thought maybe it was beef jerky. How can something be greasy and dry at the same time? She had to use a lot of steak sauce to choke it down. Everyone's baked potatoes seemed like maybe they were made the day before and just kept warm. I ordered the New York Strip cooked medium. What I got was a sad piece of meat with about 1/8 inch black crust around it. Once I cut into it, I found that half was overcooked and dry and the other half was almost raw. I don't even know how they did that. Next time you drive by this place, just keep driving. And if someone recommends it to you, ask them how much they had to drink prior to their meal. Everything tastes better when you're drunk. In conclusion, just grill at your house. That's my plan from now on.

karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Thanks for dining with us and sharing your comments about your experience at Montana Mike's Steakhouse. On behalf of our entire team, I do apologize that the food and service was not to our standards. We do hope you do give us another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

They had huge portions for reasonable prices, the food was excellent and the service was very friendly even with a small child causing issues! :D

karen_sevenseas, General Manager at Montana Mike's Steakhouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thanks you for dining with us at Montana Mike's! We are glad to hear you had a positive experience and look forward to having you back again soon!
Warm Regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2012

Food, service, and atmosphere are average. With a little thought, could be a fun place.

Thanks for writing a review regarding your experience at Montana Mike's Steakhouse. We are excited to offer the NFL Ticket and feature free chili every Sunday and Monday nights for our guests in the bar! Check us out on facebook for more great features and drink specials at Montana Mike's Mandan!

Reviewed April 1, 2012

This restaurant has the most amazing steaks. We have always been so impressed with the service and extra care given to our children

Thanks for the great comments on our steaks at Montana Mike's! We have some new great features with our "Sizzling Greetings" menu including our Cowboy Bone-In Strip Steak with Trail Dust Butter or the Creamy Cajun Shrimp Topped Sirloin! Look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed February 28, 2012

The food and service is great! Enjoy eating in the lounge with several TV's. The Steaks are the best. Full meals starting around $10.

Thanks for writing a review on your dining experience at Montana Mike's! Please keep usin mind for holiday gift cards! You will get a $10.00 Bonus Card for every $50.00 purchased in gift cards!