“A good place to stay in Kenmare”
Review of Quilt Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kenmare
Quilt Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Kenmare B&B and Inns
Kent, Washington
“A good place to stay in Kenmare”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

The Quilt Inn is aging and could use some renovating. The pool has been converted into a conference center and rooms a getting a bit worn. But - if you're in this part of North Dakota, it's the best place to stay.

Check in was pleasant, the room was nice and clean. It had a refrigerator and microwave and the WiFi worked very well. Very quiet. The motel has a lot of construction workers and they don't make any noise - and they're out early.

The breakfast was sugar and carbs, along with weak coffee. But - that will do for many people.

We've stayed here before and will again. It works.

Room Tip: second floor will avoid having people above you wake you up in the early morning.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Clare, South Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

We stayed at the Quilt Inn when in Kenmare for a friends wedding. The room that we'd booked at another place had fallen through and we were very lucky to get the last room available there. I was very impressed with the service, especially as we checked in so late at night and kept extending our stay. The rooms were very clean and the staff very friendly. I would definitely stay there again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danielleb711
West Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Several friends and I stayed at the Quilt Inn during a friend's wedding. I had heard stories about what the hotel used to be like, so I was prepared for an less than par hotel. The staff was very nice upon arrival. The rooms were quite nice. Each room had its own cable box with tons of channels. Our room also had a microwave & refrigerator. The beds were very comfotable and the room was fairly clean. Our biggest complaint was the small bathroom and terrible water pressure.
Breakfast was served daily, with bagels, cereals, etc. The bar across the street also opened early one day so several hotel guests could have a hot breakfast.
I would definitely stay again if up in the area!

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank farmgirl87
Modesto, California
Reviewed June 28, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights while vacationing in North Dakota. The reason I chose Kenmare is because I am a birding enthusiast and Kenmare is right next to a wildlife refuge (Des Lacs) and close to several other wildlife refuges. The Quilt Inn was a great place to stay. The hotel is well maintained and pleasant. Our check in was quick and I thought the lady who checked us in and worked the front desk for the first day we were there was very nice and helpful. The room was clean, a good size and had all necessary items. The hotel was also very quiet. We never heard a sound at night or in the morning. The rest of the time we were usually out sightseeing. There is a continental breakfast which sufficed but is quite limited, just a few items. Kenmare is in a pretty area, next to a lake but the town has few amenities. There are two markets and a pharmacy as well as a few other shops but little else. Opportunities for eating out are quite limited here. We ate pizza two nights in a row at the Pizza Hub Restaurant and the food was good there. There is also the restaurant next door to the Quilt Inn, South of the Border, which appeared to serve American food but we did not eat there. In addition there was a small hamburger place and a small Chinese cafe in town, but again we did not eat at either place. Both places did not look very promising. For those who love wildlife viewing and especially birding, this is a great place to stay. We visited not only Des Lacs but also Lostwood Wildlife Refuge which is approximately a 30 minute drive away and Upper Souris refuge which is approximately 20 minutes away. We especially liked Lostwood which has a great auto tour route and features beautiful scenery of rolling prairie grass hills, small ponds and lakes and lots of waterfowl and prairie birds. I thought the Des Lacs National Wildlife Scenic Backway which begins south of Kenmare and continues to the north end of the refuge for 19 miles was a very pretty drive. Beautiful woods with rolling hills, water and of course birdwatching opportunities. There is also a trail or two that you can stop and walk on. I would also recommend a stop to see the Danish mill which is located in downtown Kenmare. To sum up, would recommend the Quilt Inn and Kenmare. We enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MSWMom50
Redding, California
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Reviews of motels in the oil boom area frequently refer to "dirty". The review of this motel all commented on its cleanliness, so I chose it. I was not disappointed. The staff were friendly and helpful and the place was clean. (As you enter the building, plastic bags are provided for dirty boots.) My room was comfortable and clean. The breakfast area was roomy and provided the basic continental breakfast. The cost was reasonable as well. Kenmare is in a beautiful area and this motel is a good place to stay.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank kcinnorcal
Regina, SK
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Nice hotel. We arrived very late and left early. Satisfied all of our needs.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Allen B
Little Sioux, Iowa
Reviewed January 13, 2012

I was up in Kenmare, North Dakota June-July 2011 for work. Our place to stay fell through and we were told about this place by a local convience store clerk. There were no vacancies in town anywhere, but the clerk at the front desk of the Quilt Inn took down our names and phone numbers and managed to find us 3 rooms that night for 4 individuals after other rooms had cancelled.

I'm a non smoker and I hate the lingering smell, but for a previously half smoking hotel changed to non smoking you couldn't tell. All the staff was nice and managed to keep us all housed for 2 weeks. Yes there were a few rearrangements in rooms but they did what they could since we really shouldn't have had to stay there anyway.

Clean, Little noisy close to parking lot and in the hallways with disrespectfull guests, great staff.

Nice Bar/Restaurante across the parking lot. 21 plus and smokey enviroment. Great place to eat any meal even when the area is under a boil water order. Plastic silver ware and plates are cool with me. It was quite the experience.

I'd go back if I ever get that direction again.

Thanks Guys.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Spotsygirl111

Been to Quilt Inn? Share your experiences!