“Great place to stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
Saskatoon, Canada
“Great place to stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2013

We were astounded by the low cost for what we recieved when staying here. We stayed in a suite that slept 6 without a kitchenette. We were using this hotel as a rest stop on our way through, but decided to stay one extra night to give the kids a break from driving as well as a chance to use the waterslide.

The breakfast was great, and the staff was very pleasant, and on top of keeping the food stocked well.

The rooms were clean and spacious, and it was awesome having two full bathrooms. The only complaint/suggestion I would make, is to put an actual door in the doorway between the rooms in the suite. It would make putting the kids to bed earlier a little easier. It would be a very cheap, yet effective improvement to the suite.

My kids spent pretty much the entire day after breakfast and before dinner in the pool. It was an awesome and much needed break! The rates alone were worth the hour longer in the car from Fargo.

Room Tip: When choosing a restaurant, I would strongly suggest La Carreta! Its a small restaurant in the str...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
gm_nd034, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
We certainly appreciate the satisfactory stay you and your family had here at the Quality Inn & Suites in Jamestown, ND. Don't hesitate to think of us the next time you pass through Central ND. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
St. Cloud, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were traveling to WA and OR and stopped here for our first stop. What a great place! Check in was easy and very friendly. Our room was HUGE and we had an extra nook with a couch, table, tv etc. If I remember right, it pulled out into a sofa bed,but we didn't use it.
Pool was amazing, perfect temp for a pool and waterslide was fun! The kids, hubby and I went down it multiple times. There's no lifeguard, so just just watch over the top of it to make sure the person ahead of you is done before you start. :) Hot tub was under repair, but that was okay.
Pool area open until 11.
I was a little surprised our room didn't have a map on the door, like so many do and there wasn't any type of "welcome to our hotel" booklet or binder in the room. But, no worries, I called the front desk to ask how late the pool was open and what time breakfast was.
Nice size bathroom too.
Breakfast area is quite large and has everything you want. The attendant was very "on the ball". She had a tough job that morning, there was a tour bus down there the same time we were, but we didn't have any trouble finding a place to sit and there was no shortage of food. Waffles, biscuits, cereals, juice, fruit, bagels, toast, pastries etc...wonderful!
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone and would definitely stay here again if traveling out this way.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown, ND. We are very happy to hear you had such a pleasant experience and we hope that when you travel again through ND that you think of us and spend some time with us again. Thank you again.
Brandon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We had stayed at a Quality Inn in Sioux Falls, SD it was great! So we looked for Quality Inn in James town location was great! I noticed the sign on the door "Smoke Free" which is great as I'm allergic to cigarette smoke. As soon as we opened the door it wreaked of smoke it smelled dirty and looked dirty. It was late and we got the last room, we're tired so we sucked it up because breakfast was good at the last one. We head down to the tavern which we were told closed at 10 PM we had been on the road since 7:30 AM, we get there it your typical tavern. Girl comes up and asks what we want to drink I asked for a "spiced rum and coke" "Oh I'm not sure we have that!" My reaction is "You don't have spiced rum?" Her reply "I don't even know what that is!" Goes to the bar and asks comes back giggling and says they do. She's working the bar by the way. Brings drinks and leaves no is there anything else. Finally I stand up from our booth and look around after hearing her telling some costumers she was going to punch them in the face. She then proceeded to tell them she was "B@%chy, Tired and Hungry" I felt like I was on one of those Restaurant Stake Out Shows. Finally another lady came and asked if we were okay and if we needed anything. She was pleasant and explained everything to us we ordered pizza as that was what they had. Morning comes we can't get out of there fast enough, go for breakfast it is in as much disarray as the rest of the hotel. We didn't know who was working as they were in jeans and t-shirts, no uniforms. Go to the front desk to ask a question and behind the counter was a get together of about 6 not sure if they were employees as they were in casual clothing. Did get my answer from a very polite lady no name tag so not sure what her position was. Nope not going to be staying there anytime soon. Which is really to bad because it is a very convenient location for travelers.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Jamestown hotels

Hamilton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel on travel for one night. Stayed in a quality the night before in WISCONSIN. it was noticeable thst dome renovation has been done. Needs some work still. I took hotel due to hour being late. Pool was nice. Food places werr plentiful. Location was good. Room ok but previos occupant had left soap and shampoo in shower which was not removed. Being single I was not concerned and disposed og. Just wanted a crashpad for night . Breakfast was disappointed compared to I day before. Wen th to Perkins instead as selection was poor at hotel

• Stayed July 2013
Sheboygan, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stopped here on our way to Yellow Stone National Park as an overnight stay before continuing on. We are AAA members and stopped in for pricing. After we found out the price with the discount, we checked at another motel and came back to this one. The on-duty clerk gave us another ten dollars off for returning. The room was clean and I slept well though the room air conditioner generated a bit of noise. I would recommend this for an overnight stay. This also has a breakfast in the morning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh, PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

The main draw of this hotel was the pool with the tube slides for the kids, and some sort of fountain that sent water in a mushroom like shape on the pool deck. It was a huge draw for kids and makes it worth the stay here. There was plenty of noise of the kids on their way to wherever during the day, but night time was quiet. I suppose it could be annoying for people w/o kids, but I was grateful for the diversion in hot summer weather. I'd say it was an average stay for "kidless" travelers, a don't miss if you have kids to entertain. There is a Walmart very close if you have things you need to purchase for your trip. Breakfast seating was very crowded as there was a family reunion taking place there as well. Close to highway and restaurants. Staff was helpful.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
gm_nd034, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Jamestown, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
So happy to hear your children enjoyed their stay with us. We do our best to try and serve everyone the right way. Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown.
Millersville MD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

Rooms:beds were comfy, AC was hard to regulate and staff wouldn't send anyone to look at it, bathrooms were cramped, tv is big, liked the desk area, could really hear the neighbors, doors slamming constantly.

Food: breakfast was okay, pretty normal fare. Tapps was so so, and we had to eat our meal in the breakfast area because we had a child in our group.

Pool:we only used it once and it was smaller than it looked in the picture. The hot tub was a joke and colder than the pool. But it didn't matter since it was dirty and we decided not to use it.

Staff: with the exception of Coleen we didn't think the staff was either friendly or helpful. We didn't get the rooms we reserved but it didn't seem to matter to the gal who checked us in.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn & Suites. So sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience with the staff. If you would like to call me to discuss the issues, I would be more than happy to listen. This isn't of the norm for me to see or hear something like this so I would like to get to the bottom of it. The hot tub is scheduled to be repaired in the next few weeks so we apologize for the lack of "look" and the temp but will be to normal for your next visit with us. Thank you again for choosing Quality Inn & Suites of Jamestown.