“Very limited internet” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
Two Harbors, Minnesota
“Very limited internet”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2010

The hotel did have large, clean rooms with smoking available, which is a must for me, but didn't offer full internet services. I have standard software and use Windows Internet Explorer and Microsoft Outlook, and was unable to send emails. The hotel staff did not seem concerned about it, and made no effort to help. When I checked in they said that had something that was "like WiFi".
The emails needed to go out for work and this was a big issue for me. I stopped at the first McDonalds and connected so my emails could be sent.

Also, I had worked late and was woken too early by cleaning staff trying to enter the room even though I had not checked out yet. I even had the extra bolt locked which should have been an indication that the room was occupied.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank jreiner1957

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Thornton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stayed here on our way from Wisconsin to Alberta. My girls really enjoyed swimming in the pool after 10 hours in the car (pool is open until midnight).
Room was clean and comfortable and the staff let us start breakfast early when we got up to leave at 5:30 am. We're going to stay here on the way back to Wisconsin.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Sauk City, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

We were disappointed to arrive at this hotel and find the pool was closed for painting. Also, the bathrooms appeared a bit worn with some discoloration in the mirror and the shower curtain rod coming loose.

Overall, a bit below our expectations so I'm giving only 3 stars.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank SaukCity6
Calgary, AB
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2010

On a road trip with the family, this hotel made for a relaxing first night. Only complaint was that the pool was closed for painting, and this was in the middle of the busy summer travel season...not good planning if you ask me.

Had two twins booked, but they were able to get us two queens on checking, so that was a bonus.

Breakfast bar was solid, what you'd usually expect from these folks. Overall, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed July 2010
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2010

My husband and I stayed one night at this location, using our Priority Club points. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and clean. The staff was polite and helpful. We did not have any problem with noise, especially since we typically run the Heat/AC fan during the night to specifially block outside noises. Perhaps the other disgruntled traveler could take note and not have to be as concerned about finding a quiet room. The free breakfast is good and has as lot of variety. Nothing fancy, but sufficient.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
lawrenceville,ga
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2010

I spent 5 nights in 3 different hotels, this past week in North Dakota.

I am a Gold Priority Club Member and a Gold Hilton Member. The first 3 nights were at Homewood Suites and HIlton Garden Inn locations both with the Hilton Chain and they know how to handle business travelers with respect and appreciation. I spent my last 2 nights at this Holiday Inn Express location. I requested a quiet room. I called at 11:00 a.m. to remind them of a quiet room. I was told, they had put my on the bottom floor right next to the interstate....and YES you can absolutely hear the traffic zooming by! The poster who said you cannot must be like my husband who can sleep with a blow dryer pointed in his face....lol!

I asked Kimberly to please switch me. She hemmed and hawed and said she would see what she could do. I called at 1:00 or so, on my way out there. Kimberly told me that she found me a quiet room. I arrived to find out that I was on the opposite end of the hotel right next to the intersection of a busy side street and the front highway. I mentioned that this did not appear to be a quiet room but she insisted there was nothing else open. I wear 32 decibel ear plugs and could hear all the traffic...right away....semi trucks, roaring pick ups and the like.

I was so frustrated, I called my Priority Club line and the rep told me that she would call the hotel. I then received a call from Penny, at the front desk. She seemed a bit flustered that I had made the call to Priority Club and told me I could come down and get keys to other rooms that I could check out. WONDERFUL! I was so happy that someone ( Penny) was able to realize what I wanted and actually took time to meet a guest's needs...thanks Penny! I moved to a suitable room that worked just fine.

The room itself was standard. The bed was quite comfortable. I paid $105 per night for the room and this was higher than my other rates ( at hotels I immediately enjoyed) but there is not much to choose from in Jamestown. The location is RIGHT off the interstate.

I am not impressed with the inconsistency of the Priority Club treatment for it's members/ guests. It is sub standard to Hhonors and thus I would choose a Hampton Inn over a Holiday Inn Express most days....just based on the consistent service. The Holiday Inn locations that are in smaller towns do not understand that business travelers are road weary and not staying at hotels to give their kids a night in the heated pool. We live in hotels, for weeks and would like to be shown a bit of appreciation and/or consideration for our loyalty.

Thanks again PENNY for getting me what I needed...a quiet night's rest. Kimberly needs to take a class in customer service, in my opinion. Not sure what the other options are in Jamestown. This does seem to be the best choice as it is the newest hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose
Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2010

Travelling to Jamestown for a wedding, we picked this hotel at random and were pleasantly surprised at its quality. It was clear upon our arrival that we had chosen the best hotel in town. The Holiday Inn Express is obviously new, as evidenced by the modern rooms and tasteful decorations, and its standard of cleanliness was impressive. An obligatory vacation in Jamestown turned into a relaxful stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple