“Customer NOT service....call Priority Club”

Holiday Inn Express Jamestown
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
lawrenceville,ga
“Customer NOT service....call Priority Club”
Reviewed March 22, 2010

I spent 5 nights in 3 different hotels, this past week in North Dakota.

I am a Gold Priority Club Member and a Gold Hilton Member. The first 3 nights were at Homewood Suites and HIlton Garden Inn locations both with the Hilton Chain and they know how to handle business travelers with respect and appreciation. I spent my last 2 nights at this Holiday Inn Express location. I requested a quiet room. I called at 11:00 a.m. to remind them of a quiet room. I was told, they had put my on the bottom floor right next to the interstate....and YES you can absolutely hear the traffic zooming by! The poster who said you cannot must be like my husband who can sleep with a blow dryer pointed in his face....lol!

I asked Kimberly to please switch me. She hemmed and hawed and said she would see what she could do. I called at 1:00 or so, on my way out there. Kimberly told me that she found me a quiet room. I arrived to find out that I was on the opposite end of the hotel right next to the intersection of a busy side street and the front highway. I mentioned that this did not appear to be a quiet room but she insisted there was nothing else open. I wear 32 decibel ear plugs and could hear all the traffic...right away....semi trucks, roaring pick ups and the like.

I was so frustrated, I called my Priority Club line and the rep told me that she would call the hotel. I then received a call from Penny, at the front desk. She seemed a bit flustered that I had made the call to Priority Club and told me I could come down and get keys to other rooms that I could check out. WONDERFUL! I was so happy that someone ( Penny) was able to realize what I wanted and actually took time to meet a guest's needs...thanks Penny! I moved to a suitable room that worked just fine.

The room itself was standard. The bed was quite comfortable. I paid $105 per night for the room and this was higher than my other rates ( at hotels I immediately enjoyed) but there is not much to choose from in Jamestown. The location is RIGHT off the interstate.

I am not impressed with the inconsistency of the Priority Club treatment for it's members/ guests. It is sub standard to Hhonors and thus I would choose a Hampton Inn over a Holiday Inn Express most days....just based on the consistent service. The Holiday Inn locations that are in smaller towns do not understand that business travelers are road weary and not staying at hotels to give their kids a night in the heated pool. We live in hotels, for weeks and would like to be shown a bit of appreciation and/or consideration for our loyalty.

Thanks again PENNY for getting me what I needed...a quiet night's rest. Kimberly needs to take a class in customer service, in my opinion. Not sure what the other options are in Jamestown. This does seem to be the best choice as it is the newest hotel.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank motherjanegoose

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Christchurch, New Zealand
Reviewed March 16, 2010

Travelling to Jamestown for a wedding, we picked this hotel at random and were pleasantly surprised at its quality. It was clear upon our arrival that we had chosen the best hotel in town. The Holiday Inn Express is obviously new, as evidenced by the modern rooms and tasteful decorations, and its standard of cleanliness was impressive. An obligatory vacation in Jamestown turned into a relaxful stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 19, 2009

Easy access off I-94 freeway. The rooms are clean & comfortable. I was traveling with my mom. We ate from the morning buffet. She ate something from the cooked foods, perhaps the eggs, that gave her food poisoning. Luckily, we were only another 90 minutes from our destination so she could recover. Aside from the breakfast that spoiled that journey, the rooms were fine.

• Stayed September 2009
1 Thank sierragoddess
Thousand Oaks CA
Reviewed August 26, 2009

There are not allot of options in Jamestown ND. The Holiday Inn is nice enough. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. You coudl here the highway, but it was not loud enough to keep me from sleeping. The internet worked without issue. Breakfast was the usual HIE fair. I guess the only issue I had was the Pool and Jacuzzi looked like they were out of service, but I think it was fixed by the time I left. (not sure though).

If your going to Jamestown I would stay here, ther really dont seem to be any better options. Also its close enough to the mall and resturants and the highway.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Regina - Canada
Reviewed April 6, 2009

This was our third time staying at this Holiday Inn Express.
We stayed one night in March 2009 while travelling to watch March Madness in Minneapolis.
The room was great - fairly large - two very comfortable queen beds.
The breakfast was good - seems most Holiday Inn Expresses now have pretty much the same breakfast - scrambled eggs, bacon, biscuits, plus cereals, toast etc.
We didn't use the pool or fitness centre.
The high speed internet worked flawlessly.
The bathroom was good, though the curtain rod was starting to sag.
It's conveniently located off I94.
All in all a typical, good, Holiday Inn Express stay.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Calgary
Reviewed February 24, 2009

Hotel was well run and kept. Hot tub was broken during our stay. Location was a little pricy for the location at $105/night.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Minnesota
Reviewed October 18, 2008

Holiday Inn Express in Jamestown ND was immediately off Highway I-94. We had a nicely appointed beige room with blue carpeting. Cherrywood furnishings included a desk with an upholstered office chair, a three-drawer chest supporting a wide-screen TV, a table with two chairs, and two VERY comfortable queen beds. The bathroom was spacious and clean.

There is an indoor walk-in swimming pool and a hot tub. Extra towels are left at the pool, so room towels aren't needed.

Tourism information was provided in the room in a binder.

The staff were friendly.

Breakfast varied slightly with scrambled eggs some days and biscuits and gravy other days. Breakfast constants included coffee, apple juice, orange juice, boiled eggs, toast, bagels, English muffins, three kinds of muffins, peanut butter, jams, Fruit Loops, Raisin Bran, Cheerios, milk. The breakfast attendant stayed busy, refilling selections.

• Liked — Ease of access from Interstate 94
  • Disliked — Had no complaints
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)