“Having trouble finding a room?”
Review of Days Inn Jamestown

Days Inn Jamestown
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Jamestown
Reviewed August 7, 2012

Finding a room almost anywhere in North Dakota is a problem. It's the oilfields!

We were heading West on I94 and trying to find a room. Everything was booked, well almost everything. We called this Days Inn and they had one room left. We took it and it was a nice treat.

This place may not look like much from the outside bit it is really nice inside. Single story so no stairs to deal with. Fridge w/freezer and Microwave in room. WiFi works great. Very comfortable room and bed. Bath even had new fixtures. No leaks! Yippie. McDonalds is only a few steps away and several other restaurants nearby. "Continental breakfast". served daily.

If you have an extra hour or two - go check-out the Frontier Village and Buffalo museum. It's free (donations) We happily donated some money as a great deal of work and dedication went into this place. Also take your picture by the largest Buffalo on earth. Also a live heard and even extremely rare white Buffalo. If you are lucky enough to see them.

This town is also the home of Louis L'Lamour. the author of many great western novels.

We had a great time here only because we found that "one room left"

Room Tip: Book Early!!! The oilfield workers have EVERYTHING sold out in this area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Jamestown

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was a surprising find! Very clean, well maintained, property, room and bath room (no dirt or mold!) with comfortable king size bed. Only exception was hard pillows but that's more a personal preference) Continental breakfast is basic but sufficient. Will stay here again. Found a good price on priceline ($53) while going rate was $79.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sjnlsn
Reviewed March 3, 2012

Older hotel and its age is starting to show. Room was clean and the bed was much better than expected. Breakfast was the usual, toast, waffles and boiled eggs. There is laundry and ice but the soda vending machine was empty. There is not enough parking for all the rooms. It is very tight if you are driving a larger vehicle. Don't bring your trailer into the lot. There isn't room for it.
We paid $55 / night.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank PennyB4
Reviewed February 23, 2012

Stayed here saturday night of the longweekend of February 2012. Driving all day. Hands down the best bed we've ever had in a motel. Cheaper than Bismark too so worth the extra time driving on. Told the owners and they said they got the beds new last year. Basic, large and clean room. TV Remote didn't work but it was a new "clean" remote so who knows. Bathroom was clean, new shower curtain, excellent water pressure. It is a motel and not the Hyatt though so you get what you pay for.

Room Tip: Rooms on the west have some sort of business next to it where the garbage is emptied at 9am or so...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank olwhiskers
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We stayed at the Days Inn on a weekday, December of 2011. We had 2 people in our party and the room rate for 1 queen bed was about $70.00 plus taxes (it was $80.00 online, but the lady at the front desk gave us an additional $10.00 off at check-in).

I don't think I have ever given a hotel such a poor review, but I just couldn't get over the smell in the room. It was some type of spicy smell like curry, it was so bad!! I almost threw-up. We put on the fan in the bathroom, which helped a bit, but the smell was still very strong.

The room needed to be cleaned better too. There was an anti-slip strip from the shower laying on the floor behind the door. There was coffee/hot chocolate or blood on the sink (I wiped it off so I know the sink was not cleaned properly) Then there were greasy stains on the sheets. There was a piece of string on the nightstand. Was this room cleaned???

- Rooms were a decent size.
- Free wireless internet (didn't try it out though). Exposed routers and cables along interior hallway was very tacky.
- Coffee maker, refrigerator, microwave and hairdryer in room.
- Guest laundry (didn't try though)
- Continental breakfast. There was coffee, hot chocolate, juice, milk, cold cereal, bread, pastries, hard boiled eggs, make your own waffles. Fully stocked and clean.

Check out the World's Largest Buffalo about a 1/2 mile from the motel. This buffalo is a 26-foot high, 46-foot long, 60-ton concrete monument.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mi_sapphire
Reviewed November 16, 2011

The Indian guy with the glasses at the front desk is a schmuck. I made a mistake by booking my stay on the wrong night and I show up at 1 a.m. in dire need of a room after driving all day. He wouldn't give me the room I meant to have so I had to sleep in my car in sub-freezing temperatures. I basically paid for nothing. He wasn't even decent about it. I had to buzz the office several times and here comes this guy half asleep, not friendly and extremely un-accomodating. The place looked like a complete dump anyway so it's maybe best that I had to sleep in my car. Thanks a lot loser for being so understanding and scalping me of my money without giving absolutely nothing back in return.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank HandsumMuscle
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This room was quite large and well layed out. The beds were very comfortable, and the motel allows dogs in the rooms for an extra $7.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple