“we won't be staying here next time.”

Grand Forks Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
West St Paul
“we won't be staying here next time.”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

The carpet in the room was old. and the room had a old smell to it. The breakfast really sucked. I had to ask for bowls, and the milk and coffee ran out.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Sonya J
Lindsey V, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback in regards to your stay with us. We strive in customer satisfaction. I have addressed any concerns you may have encountered with the appropriate department for review/corrective action. We apologize you were unhappy with your stay. I would like to speak with you in regards to your stay with us please give me a call at 701-772-7131 or email me at lindsey@grandforkhojo.com.
Thanks Again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Saskatoon, Canada
Reviewed September 6, 2013 via mobile

After checking in, we were told there was WiFi access, as advertised, only to find out that it didn't work. Printer did not work thus we had to sign documents that were only half printed. The worst part was the room we were to stay in. The carpet truly looked like someone had changed oil on it. There were numerous large stains on the carpet, and the bed appeared not to have been made. Parking lot was full of cigarette butts and other debris. I certainly WOULD NOT recommend this facility to anyone. It is a disgrace.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank rocko2347
Lindsey V, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013

Travelers are raving about these Grand Forks hotels

Apple Valley
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

Checked in on 9/5. Expedia charged my card on 9/4. Even though I already paid for the room, a day in advance, using Expedia, they needed to see my driver's license and take an imprint of my credit card. Then I was asked to sign a form that was somewhat blank because they had printer problems. Oh, I also had to give them my phone number. When I refused to sign the form because I couldn't read what it said, I said they could catch me in the morning when I can read it after they fixed their printer. Then we left to go to a wake. They effectively locked me out of my room, even though my stuff was in it because I didn't sign their form.
BTW, carpet was filthy and the drape was broken so I couldn't close it completely. When I signed the form, after they fixed the printer, they gave me two keys that worked.

Now, if I can only remember not to use Expedia again, and never stay at a Howard Johnson's again, I'd be ahead of the game.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank mah7925
Lindsey V, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback in regards to your stay with us. We strive in customer satisfaction. I apologize if our policy was not explained properly and was new or different for you as this is a common practice in most hotels. We ask for ID verification and phone number from every guest for the safety of all guests and if there were ever an emergency we would have a way to contact you. Our credit card policy is also the same for each and every guest that walks through the door regardless if they have a pre-paid reservation or not. We are currently in the process of renovating our hotel, but I have addressed any concerns you may have encountered with the appropriate department for review/corrective action. I would like to speak with you in regards to your stay with us please give me a call at 701-772-7131 or email me at lindsey@grandforkhojo.com.
Winnipeg
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Arrived at 3:55, gentleman (who apparently prefers to CONSTANTLY sniff, than blow a runny nose...) at front desk had to radio with cleaning staff to see if a room was clean and available. My look of confusion must have been evident as his response was "well check in isn't until 4". 5 minutes early and rooms aren't ready. They had no record of my poolside reservation which was booked and paid for 3 weeks prior. The entire check in process took just over 15 minutes. NOT fun with 3 young kids running around lobby. we finally got into a poolside room. I went to look out window and door to see pool...window was clearly not washed since last visitors, and door was disgusting. I asked a cleaning lady who was 1 room over if she could fix that up for us. She rolled her eyes and said yes, then never showed. I didn't fight it as for fear of annoying the cleaning lady-who knows what she may be capable of doing! Pool area was decent. a tad run down, but ok. We stayed 2 nights, and first day I made note of a black unknown clump of mystery on the pool deck....during our last swim on the last day, low and behold, the mystery clump hadn't been touched. Overall Impressions... Personnel - poor, room - meh, cleanliness - brutal, pool facility - decent at best. I guess you get what you pay for. Not likely to return though.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Laurel R
Barnesville
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Parking lot full of drifts of cigarette butts, plastic cups, and other garbage. No restaurant on site even though it says there is online and in the rooms. No mention at check-in either so that left the bartender to do the explaining to guests. Lounge is smelly with crappy plastic cups. Not even pizza available. We were told we could bring food in to the lounge if we wanted. When the employees are out taking their many smoke breaks, perhaps they could clean up outside. What a mess! At check-in only 1 clerk on duty so waited in line for over 20 minutes to check in. Breakfast is a noisy, dirty free-for-all that we will never experience again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Shelley H
Lindsey V, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 21, 2013