“Old and dated but was worth staying at. they need a good...”

Grand Forks Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Beacuase of the price I wasn't expexting anything fancy, and it wasn't. But the room was clean the bed was comfy so I have no complaints in that regard. There was some miscommunication regarding how I was paying for my room. I asked when I book my room if I could pay cash upon checking in. I was told that was fine and my card wouldn't not be processed it was only used to hold the room When we checked in the guy at the counter told me I can pay cash upon checking out in the event that we use any incidentals. On the morning of our check out we receieved a bill under the door stating that my visa has been charged. I brought it to the front desk and the girl said they always do an visa authorization for every reservation. It was fine and I ended up paying with my visa. But I was a little frustrated because I really didn't want to have to add anything else to my visa after a shopping trip to Grand Forks. It was nice to not have to pay for the Waterpark passes ( that steered us away from the Canad Inns Grand Forks).The pool area was fun my 3 year old daughter had fun, the pool area did have mold on the ceilings and on the play structure which was not very appealing. But all in all I had a coupon and only paid $73.00 all in for our room for a friday night, so I believe we got what we paid for. Oh also I really liked the rooms that had the door going out into the parking lot, it was nice to pull up and park our car outside our room, and also be able to step outside to have a smoke and know that my daughter could stay inside the room and I was only a couple feet away. That was probably the best part of our stay at the HJ.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson

1 Thank Tiffany T
Lindsey V, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback in regards to your stay with us. We strive in customer satisfaction. I have addressed any concerns you may have encountered with the appropriate department for review/corrective action. We apologize you were unhappy with your stay. I would like to speak with you in regards to your stay with us please give me a call at 701-772-7131 or email me at lindsey@grandforkhojo.com.
Thanks Again.
Winnipeg
Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have never stayed at any hotel in Grand Forks that was this disorganized and dirty ! We stayed here to take advantage of the "Park and Fly" option they offer when you stay a night, this service was very unorganized and so were the staff. Our room was very outdated, comforter was stained ,carpets were stained,we found a cigarette butt on the rug along with candy wrappers.Our room was full of dust, mold in the bathroom, stuff running down the walls and stained towels and whats up with a coffee in the bathroom...that's disgusting. We normally do not complain about outdated rooms providing they are clean ! The continental breakfast area was so dirty and full of flies we couldn't even eat there. There was a staff member in the area but she was doing nothing at all to clean the area. We will never stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WpgTravellers3
Lindsey V, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thanks Again.

#24 of 28 in Grand Forks
Red Roof Inn TownHouse - Grand Forks
Best Western Harvest Inn & Suites
Baymont Inn & Suites Grand Forks

Been to Grand Forks Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Grand Forks Inn & Suites

Property: Grand Forks Inn & Suites
Address: 1210 N 43rd St, Grand Forks, ND 58203-1932
Location: United States > North Dakota > Grand Forks
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Hotel Class:3 star — Grand Forks Inn & Suites 3*
The Grand Forks Howard Johnson is your destination! Whether it's a weekend or a weekday we are a great getaway! Located just off I-29 and Hwy 2, the Howard Johnson features an indoor water park with a kiddie pool area as well as a 110' slide, complimentary hot continental breakfast, complimentary Wi-Fi, a fitness center, game room, complimentary toiletries, complimentary single cup coffee makers in each room, and a bar/lounge area. We also have meeting rooms and ballrooms for all your special occasions. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Forks Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Howard Johnson Hotel Grand Forks