“Poor service, will not stay again”

Grand Forks Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed May 24, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kevin H
Anna H, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2013

Reviewed May 22, 2013

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Waldemar B

Reviewed May 21, 2013

This hotel should not even be allowed to rent rooms, there is a strong moldy smell in the hall ways and there was mold in the bathrooms. It was so bad we had to sleep with our own blankets. I would have checked and moved to a better hotel but we where there with my sons hockey team.

3  Thank Jeff C

Dear Jeff C,
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback regarding your stay at the Howard Johnson Grand Forks. We are committed to customer satisfaction and apologize for any concerns you may have encountered during your stay. I would like to speak with you in regards to your stay you may contact me directly at 701-772-7131 or email me at anna@grandforkshojo.com I look forward to speaking with you soon. We are currently undergoing renovations and are so excited to improve our overall guest experience.
Thanks Again!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mike J

Reviewed May 20, 2013

1  Thank Isaac C

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Booked a 2 Queen Suite room via phone, showed up and they had me in a King Suite. They moved me to a run down, old, mildew, water coming in from glass 2 Queen Room. Sink backed up, leaky roof, dirty tub. Wifi did not work all weekend. Hot tub was not working. Change machine in arcade out of service. Mystery hairs in the bathroom. Stains on wall.

I then was told I'd be put in a 2 Queen Suite for night 2. When I went back at 4pm to switch, they knew nothing about it. They finally put me up in a King Suite with 2 pull outs, so my kids got a nice bed for the night and I slept on a crappy spring single pull out.

Pool was nice for the kids, but not very clean. Band aids floating around, wrist bands all over the place, a hotel guest came in to squash a giant Queen Bee on the deck, 2 bird flying around inside one day. No one watching the kids on slide, 10 rules all were being broken all day and night. Hallways were wet all the time, stained, dirty, fans running all day long.

Key cars worked 1/4 the time, broken and hanging off doors. Laundry and garbage and fans flowing all day in hallway as water was everywhere.

I don't think it has been renovated or upkepts since HoJo bought it out from Holiday Inn.

If it wasn't for the waterslide and my kids enjoying it, the w/end would have been a total bust/waste.

Again, Anna & Tifffany went above and beyond to help on the last day and checkout to make things right for me and my kids, but the overall experience in the HoJo couldn't have been worse. The hotel is old, stained, dirty and run down.

When we got into our Presidential Suite, there were still some issues. Busted tiles, tub wouldn't drain properly, light switch almost burned me when I touched one of the securing screws, lights burnt out, key card machine fell off inside door, last guest keycard and pen found under bed etc.

A couple of the front staff were exceptional (Anna & Tiffany), the others were rude, not helpful and looked plain miserable and offered zero help or suggestions. In the end Anna and management gave me the room for free and a GC for a future stay.

Don't believe me, look at the pics of my room (2 Queen).

2  Thank SlingshotBruce

Dear Winnipeg Traveler,
Thank you for taking time to provide us with feedback regarding your stay with us. We apologize we fell short on our commitment to better serve you as a guest. I'm glad that Tiffany and I were able to make things right for you. You will be happy to know that we are currently undergoing renovations and you can check out the progress on our facebook.com page. We are excited to be able to better serve our guests. We invite you to come back and try us out again.
Thanks for your patience and we look forward to speaking with you soon.
Thanks Again!

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Quiet, had three nights with a good nights sleep. Older hotel, needs to be updated. Carpets, weatherizing, etc... Nothing new that hasn't been brought out before on TripAdvisor hotel reviews for this facility..Very good floor manager. Watch out for the add-ons, refer, microwave.

Room Tip: My room was a little dusty, due to bad door weather strip. Take a good look (white glove test) befo...
1  Thank Maria C
Anna H, Front Office Manager at Grand Forks Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you for providing feedback regarding your stay at the Grand Forks Howard Johnson. I will be sure to let our floor manager know a job well done. We are currently undergoing renovations and are excited to better serve our guests. We invite you to come and try us out again.
Thanks again!