“Dirty pool area”

Grand Forks Inn & Suites
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed October 1, 2012

The cleanliness of the hotel is what needs attention. The pool/splashpark area was sooo dirty: disgusting really.... so it made us wonder how clean our room really was. Just because the room appeared clean, doesn't mean that it was ... we felt nervouse after we saw the water park!

Reviewed September 30, 2012

I had made reservations for a suite, two queen size beds and a sleeper/sofa. Upon arrival my family was told that our room was out of order. We ended up with a king bed and a sofa/sleeped witch we made work due to that we had other family staying there for my sisters wedding. After getting that figured out I went to the lounge to get a drink for my wife and myself. I stood in the lounge for about 5-10 minutes by myself before an employee walk in and noticed was there. There were no signs on the door for the hours of operation and when the door was open I didn't even think about if they were open or not. After I did place my order, it was taken incorrectly. I paid my bill and went elsewhere. The check-in staff ware very polite and felt bad about the situation. The water park and continental breakfast was very good.

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I'll just start out by saying that I would not have stayed at this hotel had my cousin's wedding reception not been held there and my family hadn't already arrived.

When I went to check us in, the front desk clerk was rude. His attitude towards me was so snotty and he didn't even tell us what door to go in to get to our room.

The set-up at that place is terrible. There are doors labeled from A-E but we went in two different doors to find our room and where one would think room 260 would be...it wasn't! At that point, I was already annoyed w/ the rudeness so I made my husband go in and get instructions on what door to go in. Almost 10...yes, TEN...minutes later, he came out and told me what door to drive to(E).

We finally get to our room and for $89/night, I expected accommodations that were more updated than what ours were. The tiling in the bathroom was cracked, some removed, chipped, half were missing, etc... Our beds were sunken in and our relatives told us that they had newer beds that were higher up(on the 1st floor), and half of the ice machines in the hotel didn't work! My husband had to go downstairs to the opposite end of the hotel to get ice.

Where our room was, the window looked out into the hallway that the meeting & reception rooms were off of. So during my cousin's wedding reception, my husband said he could hear the bass from the DJ thumping in our room. Luckily, it didn't phase our two year old daughter so she stayed asleep.

There is also no elevator in the hotel, which with a 2 year old, a week's worth of luggage and my husband's and my own stuff, it took several trips to get our stuff out to the car from the 2nd floor.

The ONLY good thing I have to say about this terrible place is that the breakfast set-up, food choices and seating were wonderful. The ladies who tended to everything were also very nice and we enjoyed talking with them very much.

I highly recommend the owner of this location update EVERY room, as well as the carpets and railings leading to the 2nd floor. They also need to train their staff on how to give GOOD customer service and treat their guests withOUT a snotty attitude. I will NEVER stay here again.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Our room was horribly humid from the swimming pool.
The bathroom sink leaked leaving the floor very wet.
Our shower curtain did not keep any water from getting out...
After three showers, we had our own pool on the bathroom floor.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

when we booked we were not given option of non smoking and rooms we were given were smoking and very stinky. The pull out couch was very uncomfortable and the room was very hot despite us having it set to cold.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

We arrived at the hotel without a reservation. Staff were friendly & helpful in getting us a room and assisting us throughout our stay. Staff friendliness has improved greatly since our last stay!! My kids loved the water park although the cold pool was freezing & drains around the hot tub were clogged. Room cleanliness continues to be an issue. The bathroom was not very clean and touch ups are required to door frames, etc. We have stayed there over the past few years and although there have been renovations we haven't seen any significant improvements. We were happy, though to have a new flat screen tv in the room on this most recent stay.

1  Thank Jennifer J
Reviewed September 24, 2012

The hotel was adequate for our needs; however, there are areas of deferred maintenance that should be addressed: ie: worn carpets, areas that needed painting, etc.