“Wonderful stay!”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Next to the Columbia Mall. There are plenty of restaurants close by.

Nice and clean rooms, comfy beds and pillows. Breakfast was great with lots to choose from.

Staff was friendly. Quick check in and check out.

We didn't use the pool or hot tub.

We will stay here again!

Stayed: November 2013
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel for your recent stay. I was very pleased to hear that our hotel accommodations and staff met or exceeded your expectations; our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with a very clean hotel. I was so happy to hear that you were impressed by our excellent breakfast and our comfortable beds. Our staff works very hard to meet our guests’ every special request to help make their stay the most comfortable possible.

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy day to write a positive review, we look forward to having you at our hotel again in the future!

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We stayed in room 223 in August. Although the hotel indicates non-smoking, the room wreaked of smoke. The layout is good though. The sofa bed is dated and very uncomfortable. However, the bed is very comfortable.
The location is great, close to many restaurants and Columbia Mall.

The breakfast is not too bad except all utensils, cups bowels, plates are all paper based or plastic. The coffee is horrible but then again, I like a good cup of bold coffee. The water for tea was lukewarm.
I would not stay there again.
Gil Cloutier, Winnipeg

Room Tip: add for a room that was always non smoking. Eat breakfast elsewhere.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking both the time to share your thoughts with us and for choosing us as your hotel during your recent trip. I was pleased to hear you found our beds very comfortable and our breakfast satisfactory. I am sorry to hear we did not meet all your expectations during recent stay with us. Our hotel has always been a nonsmoking establishment, which we believe is critical in ensuring all our guests have a pleasant and comfortable stay. Unfortunately, it sounds like your room was one in which someone had previously smoked in or was somehow in contact with someone who had smoked very recently. It appears that a Member of our staff taking the required steps to address such an issue correctly could have prevented this incident. In response to this occurrence and the prevention of others like it, we have reiterated the diligence expected when thoroughly inspecting our rooms as well as emphasizing the great attention to detail we expect of the entire staff. I apologize for any inconvenience that this caused you, and if there is anything I can do to make this right for you, please do not hesitate to give me a call at 701-775-7503.

Best Regards,

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Going down for a tournament, I only booked one room for one night for myself.
Plans changed suddenly and I needed 2 extra rooms for 2 nights.
Jori was very friendly and helpful in assisting me in getting the extra rooms. When we arrived, she was just as friendly, made sure we all had keys and let us aware of the accommodations.
Rooms were clean, cool and the beds were comfortable.
Upon checkout the morning staff was really nice and patient in splitting up the rooms and bills for us all.
Will stay again and reccommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Robert W, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2013

Thank you for choosing us as your hotel for your recent stay. I was very pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations; our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with a very clean hotel. I was so happy to hear that you were impressed by both our hotels cleanliness as well as the diligence of our staff. Our housekeeping staff works very hard to ensure that our rooms and common areas are in pristine condition so our guests have the most comfortable stay possible.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night just recently and were quiet satisfied.Friendly check in staff,nice clean rooms,comfortable bed and pillows,good breakfast choices.Hope to stay here again.Did notice the cookies but did not try them.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Kimberly P, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and thank you for staying with us. I am happy to hear everything was satisfactory; our two main goals are to provide excellent customer service along with a very clean hotel.

We do make cookies everyday, next time you stay with us you should taste test one. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

This Hotel is right next to the Mall. The service was first rate the rooms were very clean every thing was like new.The breakfast was one of the best we have ever incountered pool and hot tub small but okay.I would recommend this Inn to anybody.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rodney D
Kimberly P, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

I am so glad to hear your stay was exceptional! We did recently remodel so a lot of things are new (fridges, microwaves, bedding, beds, breakfast area…) We all look forward to seeing you again and thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is great, awesome location, awesome manager, she was so helpful and always so friendly. Everyone there was great. The bed and pillow were perfect.
Will stay here again. The breakfast in the morning was a great touch. I liked the afternoon cookies also

Room Tip: No restaurant or fitness area that I knew of. But I guess you can't not rate it
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Nathan T, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

Dear rtrh,
Thank you so much for writing a review, I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. My staff works hard to ensure all our guests enjoy their stay as much as you.

I noticed the Room Tip you wrote, you are correct that we do not have a restaurant or fitness center on the premises. However we are surrounded by many restaurants such as Texas Roadhouse and Olive Garden. We also have an agreement with Anytime Fitness, so the guests just have to come to the front desk and check out the pass for free. Anytime fitness is located next to Menards which is right behind us.

(Also it says Nathan is writing the Reviews but it is Kim the manager, trip advisor will not let me change it)

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I was travelled to Grand Forks, N.D. from Winnipeg,MB just for one day shopping. This hotel is right opposite to Columbia Mall and there are Olive Garden and BK within walking distance. Its location is very convenient. The water in hot tub is hot enough but the swimming pool is small. Our two double beds room is clean and had enough space to add another rotary bed for $10/night. So three of us can book one room for a fair price in seperate bed. The breakfast included hot sausages and boiled egg, muffin, danish and yogurt, etc . They even have waffle maker for the guest to make their own waffle. Food was being refilled quickly. However, the danish ran out and didn't refill again. Anyway, for a shopping trip, we only need a clean hotel room with good breakfast. The room rate is very reasonable and I certainly will choose to stay at this hotel again,

Room Tip: If there is senior citizen travelling together , ask for a room on the ground level for easy access...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Albert C
Nathan T, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Albert C.

I would like to start off with thanking you for taking the time to write a review. I’m pleased to hear your stay was satisfactory, it’s always good to hear when people tell us that the hotel is clean and that breakfast was plentiful. In regards to your comment about the danishes running out, I am sorry about that but if they were not refilled then we were probably out completely, people really seem to like those. Like you stated three people in one room works pretty well, the queen sized beds are pretty nice and the roll-away cot still fits into the room. I'm glad to hear you will be staying with us again, and we look forward to seeing you again!