“God Sushi”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
grand forks, North Dakota, USA
“God Sushi”
Reviewed February 25, 2011

every resturant has its own different kind of sushi, well this resturant is amazing for sushi. the owner is from japan and she a perfect shusi master. You would not belive the how great the sushi rice is. The taste and the presentation was amazing. Ive been to japan and tried sushi all around and nothing was even close compared to this resturant. Alot of people may think it would suck because its in the middle of the tundra. But it was the best sushi ive had. I would recomned this place for any great suhsi lover. They just dont serve sushi they serve like stirfrys,curry,sukiyaki,dons,ect... and they have the amazing desert mochi ice cream strawberry flavor that was amazing. Atmosphere was nice sure it may look like nothing on the outside but in the inside you would be amazed. They have 5 japansese private rooms if u want to be in one you just half to reserve it. I would recomend this place to anyone. Best sushi in North Dakota. Prices are a little expensive for the sushi but u would not regret the amazing suaces and sushi rice

• Visited February 2011
2 Thank ilikesushi

A TripAdvisor Member
“Completely underwhelming”
Reviewed February 21, 2011

The woman working there was very nice, which is why I'm hesitant to write a negative review. However, we weren't there for nice people; we were there for good, edible sushi, and that was lacking.

We're visiting in Grand Fork from Winnipeg, and are perhaps a bit spoiled; sushi in Winnipeg is incredible, and there are a number of really great restaurants. What really galled me is the price we paid for this food. It was the least appealing garden roll I'd ever had, AND it was the most expensive.

The presentation was awful. All the pieces of the roll were a different size, sauces were globbed on haphazardly, and the stench of fish was nauseating. This is how you know fish has sat for too long; it starts to smell fishy.

If this is the only sushi you've ever eaten, you may just like it. However, if you're accustomed to well-made, well-priced and flawlessly executed, you will leave feeling disappointed and ripped off.

Grand Forks AFB
“Our family's favorite Grand Forks, ND restaurant”
Reviewed February 26, 2009

The owners and their family members who work there/ have worked there over the years are fabulous. We are a military family that have lived here 7 years, and are so glad there is even a Japanese restaurant located here (quite a specialty, so I think their prices are fair, considering items they import in). We are familiar with big city Japanese & sushi restaurants, and I have tried the sushi/korean bbq restaurant in Fargo too, however, we enjoy the Okinawan roots that the main chef brings. Instead of big city style, perhaps more island style. A unique style.

I ordered miso soup, seaweed salad and a scallop/avocado roll at my last meal, and if I'm still hungry a bowl of sticky rice or the Japanese rice is good. My husband loves the beef fried rice, where the slices of tender beef are well-flavored, with bits of scrambled egg, onion, carrot are yummy in the light oil she cooks with. The casual dress is nice by the staff since this is also a college town. For many locals, I think this is their first taste of what Japanese food or what sushi has to offer (and there are choices of cooked fish for sushi, which is a good start, as well as friendly to when I was pregnant and told not to eat sushi). Be sure to give it a try, let them know it's your first visit, so you can get as much info about what's offered and what you want to try.

Grand Forks
“Over priced and under sized”
Reviewed February 13, 2009

Their food is way over priced and is under sized. The atmosphere is depressing most times. On the plus side I like the private rooms and the lack of people there.
I would much rather go to Fargo for my sushi thanks.

North Dakota
“Friendly and Familiar”
Reviewed October 2, 2008

This is a restaurant we frequent quite often. The staff know us by name and everything is prepared exactly the way we like it. Most of the time, there is only one person working so the wait can get long, but once the food arrives, it was worth the wait.
The prices can be a bit high, but they do offer a daily special of fried rice with choice of chicken or beef, one of their AMAZING egg rolls and beverage of your choice for $5.95. It's a good portion of food for a good price. We love the place!