well.. I travelled to Grand Forks July long weekend with my girlfriend for a weekend away. We booked the Canad Inns Grand forks in advance and walked up to the hotel having a desk boy or aid opening the door and welcoming us to the hotel.... checking in was made easy and we were given our room key we stayed on the 12th floor. Nice thing about this hotel is its completely smoke free which is great.... So we went up to our room nice and clean, everything is new, and a nice new plasma flat screen LG tv to boot..... we got comfortable in the room then decided to go out for dinner.... the next morning went down to Altos restaurant for breakfast. Got seated right away then waited for about 15-20 min for a server to come over to our table. In fact I had to stop one and ask him for service. So that made us mad. But didnt let it ruin anything. We used the Waterpark two days, the water park is great and a very kid oriented place. If you have children go they will love it. they have a tub ride which is great for adults as well, as well as a lazy river where you can sit in a tube and float around in a big circle under a mini water fall thing. the lazy river was neat. there is a huge bucket that dumps water every 15 min from the top of the water park. It actually kinda hurts. But all the kids there seemed to enjoy it. 3 water slides for kids, and a water pool area for even little ones. Looked like there were some babies maybe 1 or 2 in there. There is also a huge water sturcture for kids to press diffrent things and water comes out at diffrent places. They also have a snack shop there with lots of snacks and an arcade which was fun even for adults. The one thing that kinda pissed me off was with staying at the hotel you dont get free entry into the water park. Us for Saturday, Sunday, and Monday cost us $20 each to swim which i think is really high for not that much there. But your kids will love it.
Back to the restaurant. On sunday we went for breakfast at altoes again. It was better this time, but on Monday we went and they said it was full and we had to wait for 20 min even though the place looked a third full so that made us made to end our trip.
But all in all besides the crappy altoes food and restaurant we had a great experiance at canad inns Grand Forks. and suggest it to any one with a family
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 201 superior guest rooms, including Deluxe Queen Rooms, King Leisure Rooms, Kids Theme Rooms, Jacuzzi Theme Suites, Business Suites, Penthouse King Rooms & Suites, and our Penthouse on Main (1st floor level) business suites. We offer you three diverse restaurants, a two-level gaming lounge and inside access to the Alerus Center. Plus for the "children in all of us" our 40,000 square foot Splasher's of the South Seas Indoor Waterpark and Garbonzo's Pizza and Arcade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and getaroom.com so you can book your Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Destination Center