“"Excellent Service!"”

Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed March 29, 2014

We recently used this Destination because it seemed to offer everything we were looking for.....a great place for the kids to swim and play, restaurants and bars for a nice evening out, all this without leaving the facility. It met all our expectations and more. What we were really impressed with how polite and well mannered the staff was. The service was Excellent. They really know how to make your stay enjoyable and welcoming! We would highly recommend the Canad Inns in Grand Forks if you are looking for a family friendly get away!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Kevin R, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

WOW. Your kind words mean so much to us. Please feel free to contact me personally if you choose to return to the property. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay and would love to have you back again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stayed here mid-week for a break from work and winter. Despite travelling and staying at a lot of fun resorts, our boys loved and enjoyed the waterpark. It provided great entertainment for quite a few hours without compliant.

The rooms are basic and comfortable. I would NOT recommend the kids suite, they seem dated, slightly tacky and make the rooms feel crowded. However, necessary if you are travelling with more than two kids. The two bedroom suite is way more enjoyable and comfortable...feels much more luxurious.

My only complaint is that the hotel seems over priced considering that you have to buy your waterpark passes separately even as a guest! Garbonzo's pizza and pop is a nice treat if you can get it included in your room package.

Staff always seem pleasant and accommodating.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind words about our property. We have a summer special running right now that you might find provides a value for your stay. Our staff loves hearing positive reviews from our guests about their customer service. Thanks again and we hope you plan to come back again soon.

Reviewed March 19, 2014

Was there for a conference and was expecting a bit more with the price.
The rooms were nice and well furnished, I was glad that we had the discounted conference rate though. There is no breakfast available. The hotel does have a pool but if you want to partake in the splash park it's additional each day that you are there. There are a few choices for restaurants and bars, nice to have them right on site.
Elevators were acting up when we were there and I couldn't believe how little the noise outside the room was buffered. Could hear families walking through the hall and hear every word of their conversation.
Great location! Overall would stay again despite some of the shortcomings that I saw.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Hi Amanda,
Thanks for your kind words about our property. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed on the PH floor and the room was clean and very nice with all modern amenities. Food was very good with a wide variety of choices of restaurants on site. It was my three year old daughters birthday and the waterpark was great for her age right up to adult ages with lots to do. I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Grand Forks. Also was close to all shopping.

Kevin Smith
Winnipeg, Mb., Canada

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Kevinsmitty
Kevin R, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

Thank you very much for your positive review Kevin. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Please contact me personally via email if you choose to return again. We have some great packages available this summer.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

A group of us had stayed at the Canad Inn previously and had received a discounted rate due to the employer of some of the people in our group. When I called to make another reservation I asked if we could still receive that rate and was told yes. When we checked in we were told that not only would they not give us the rate that we had before the room charge was more than double. We told them that they had given this room rate to a fellow employee 2 weeks prior,they looked up the reservation and yes they had but still would not change our rate. Every person we tried to discuss this issue with was immovable and of course this hotel has a 48 hour cancellation policy so we were stuck staying at this hotel. The worse part of this whole situation is the general manager had come out and discussed this with us and said he would see what he could do and instead of coming back out to talk to us he left out the back door, very unprofessional. As my subject line said this was the WORST customer service ever. Apparently this hotel does not value it's customers.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Charlotte A
Kevin R, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded March 18, 2014

Your review is appreciated despite the fact it is riddled with inaccuracy. I appreciated your visit at the desk prior to another obligation arising at the hotel that drew my attention. I looked for you at the desk later in the day to further discuss the situation but you had already arrived at your room. I stand behind my Front Desk Manager's and Rooms Division Manager's decision to not reduce the rate which you booked. You demanded a rate for an airline that no longer does business in our market and is reserved for distressed passengers when the airline pays the bill. On your last leisure stay you were given that rate in error and benefited. I apologize that our original error put an expectation in your mind that we would repeat it on this stay. You confirmation at the time of booking detailed the accurate price for the room nights.
We do on occasion make errors. Every hotel in the industry does. I guarantee to every guest that when we make an error, we will do everything we can to fix it. In this situation, our property did not make an error. I hope you otherwise enjoyed your stay with us.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The hotel is good, not great and certainly not worth the $179 (or more) price tag IMO. WHY DO I STAY HERE???? I like to stay here during hockey season because they offer a bus that takes you to and from the game and they have a fun bar (The Pub). The rooms are adequate but the bedding is SO HEAVY that I cannot sleep with it on. When I stay there we have to take the bed apart and use the blanket that is in the closet for the hide a bed. This is THE ONLY hotel I have to do this in and I travel 2-3 weeks per month so I stay in hotels all the time. I love The Pub the food is good (wings are GREAT), the waitresses on the whole are very nice. The manager Drew is FANTASTIC. I really enjoy his company. The very worst part of this hotel is the complete and total lack of service if you are in Playmakers. You couldn't get someone to wait on you to save your soul. It is really quite laughable. They have waitresses but we would never know. It isn't like this happened once, it happens every single time I go there (at least once per month). If this wasn't where their gaming tables were I would never go. When I am at the black jack tables, I will tell the dealer I need a drink and nothing is done. Again this hasn't just happened once but MANY times. Occasionally IF we are sitting at a table we may get someone to wait on us but at the gaming tables I either have to get my own or have someone from my group get a drink for me. UNBELIEVABLE. In the breakfast restaurant on the other hand the waiters and waitresses are really nice, very friendly, very helpful. Food is adequate but not great. The breakfast buffet is OK, not great but OK.

Room Tip: Service I gave an "average" but that is unfair. If you are in the breakfast restaurant it...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Jim M, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write your review and for the nice comments you shared. I will make sure that the Pub hears your kind words. I will share your comments about Playmakers service with our Food and Beverage manager. We always strive to perform better than you have described. I'm sorry that has happened to you on a number of occasions and will work to improve in this area. I hope you notice a change on your next visit.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times, for short getaways as well a place to stay while we wait for our flight day from Grand Forks airport. It is always clean, check in is a breeze we have never waited more than a few minutes.

The waterpark is a huge hit albeit a little pricey even for registered guests. The location is great close to everything (I guess in a little town everything is close to everything!)

This is a no thrills clean, well maintained affordable hotel that attracts a lot of people due to the water park.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Canadianstanger

Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate it!