The hotel is good, not great and certainly not worth the $179 (or more) price tag IMO. WHY DO I STAY HERE???? I like to stay here during hockey season because they offer a bus that takes you to and from the game and they have a fun bar (The Pub). The rooms are adequate but the bedding is SO HEAVY that I cannot sleep with it on. When I stay there we have to take the bed apart and use the blanket that is in the closet for the hide a bed. This is THE ONLY hotel I have to do this in and I travel 2-3 weeks per month so I stay in hotels all the time. I love The Pub the food is good (wings are GREAT), the waitresses on the whole are very nice. The manager Drew is FANTASTIC. I really enjoy his company. The very worst part of this hotel is the complete and total lack of service if you are in Playmakers. You couldn't get someone to wait on you to save your soul. It is really quite laughable. They have waitresses but we would never know. It isn't like this happened once, it happens every single time I go there (at least once per month). If this wasn't where their gaming tables were I would never go. When I am at the black jack tables, I will tell the dealer I need a drink and nothing is done. Again this hasn't just happened once but MANY times. Occasionally IF we are sitting at a table we may get someone to wait on us but at the gaming tables I either have to get my own or have someone from my group get a drink for me. UNBELIEVABLE. In the breakfast restaurant on the other hand the waiters and waitresses are really nice, very friendly, very helpful. Food is adequate but not great. The breakfast buffet is OK, not great but OK.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 201 superior guest rooms, including Deluxe Queen Rooms, King Leisure Rooms, Kids Theme Rooms, Jacuzzi Theme Suites, Business Suites, Penthouse King Rooms & Suites, and our Penthouse on Main (1st floor level) business suites. We offer you three diverse restaurants, a two-level gaming lounge and inside access to the Alerus Center. Plus for the "children in all of us" our 40,000 square foot Splasher's of the South Seas Indoor Waterpark and Garbonzo's Pizza and Arcade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Destination Center