“Always nice”

Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed February 26, 2014

We have stayed at this hotel a number of times, for short getaways as well a place to stay while we wait for our flight day from Grand Forks airport. It is always clean, check in is a breeze we have never waited more than a few minutes.

The waterpark is a huge hit albeit a little pricey even for registered guests. The location is great close to everything (I guess in a little town everything is close to everything!)

This is a no thrills clean, well maintained affordable hotel that attracts a lot of people due to the water park.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Canadianstanger
Jim M, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2014

Thanks for your kind words. We appreciate it!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our overall experience with the Canad Inn was wonderful........we really enjoyed it:-) The only thing that I could say was that the Upper Playmakers was a little to warm, and the elevators were always very busy.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Kevin R, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thanks for the wonderful review. We had an extremely busy Christmas season and we are pleased that our team performed to standards. We hope you choose to return next holiday season.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our school dance team stayed at the Canad Inn for the 3rd straight year and this was the best yet. Our sales coordinator, Jennifer, was absolutely outstanding (and needs a raise!) as she had our rooms and keys waiting for us when we stepped in the door. The hotel accomodated us at the last minute when we needed to come in a day early due to unpredictable weather. The King Suite was to die for and the Coach said "I'm so spoiled!!" The suite was perfect for our team meetings and evening parent get togethers. The staff delivered pizza to our suite and we were so grateful. Alto's accomodated the dance team when they had to eat in 15 min and they made the lunch happen for us. You did everything one would expect and went that extra mile whenever we needed something. Thank you so much and we will miss not being at the Canad Inn next year for the competition.

Room Tip: All are great!
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family

Thanks so much Joan for your wonderful review. We will greatly miss the Dance and Drill weekend. We really enjoyed the energy of the dance teams. We hope you choose to return to Grand Forks in future years.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

We splurged on a suite here for a get-away evening. When we arrived the front desk had a long wait to check in (everyone was trying to get in away from the storm in a hurry) but they were extremely friendly and helpful. We got to check out a few of the theme suites - they are all very cheesy, but fun - and we ended up in the Roman suite. It was very spacious! and clean. The bed was very comfortable. We spent quite a while in the pool and loved the watersides. So fun! Because of the weather we decided to stay in and eat at Aalto's, which was mediocre but totally worth it to stay out of the blizzard. It will definitely be a while before we are able to do this again on our young couple's budget, but we are looking forward to coming back!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Kevin R, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review of the property. We are looking at some special summer prices to encourage families to join us. Please let us know if you are interested and we would love to have you back.

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed 2 nights Dec 30 and 31st. The staff was perfect, the water park was cozy, Rented a cabana had all my food, (pizza and beer!) delivered quickly and hot! Room was clean, comfortable as expected. The hotel lobby exploded with action towards the evening. Dance music with DJ, dance floor, open doors for all ages to Tavern United, enjoyed awesome meal there with my wife and 2 boys. Walked over to the Alerus Center which was having a live band and some inflatables for small children. Walked back to lobby for the count down, had balloons rain on us, it was great! Oh and what made this trip better?????? THERE'S A TIMMIES ACROSS THE STREET NOW!!!!!

Room Tip: Use the far back elevator instead of the lobby one....... The lobby one usually stops on all floors...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. NY Eve was a hit this year and we will only add to the fun next year. Please let me know if you choose to return so we can make sure you get a room on one of our busiest nights. Our family will once again be proud to serve your family.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

I had to go to Grand Forks to pick up some Gold Coins that I had left for grading, and my 10 year old daughter and I stayed here. We did not have the time to try the waterpark for the her, though I will try again, as I plan to return, as I live in Bemidji. My daughter loved her bed, as did I. Despite being overwhelmed by checking in a visiting football team for the UND game, front desk service was fine. My room cost was $119.00 for the night, which was fine for the room we received.

I'm from Chicago, and my cousin owned Gulliver's (one of the top 20 Pizzerias in the Chicago area at one time), so I know pizzas. My daughter and I had gone to the Rhombus Guys for lunch the day before and were underwhelmed.
The Pizza in the hotels' restuarant was better. And the presence of a harpist was a nice touch. Definitely THE hotel to stay in if you are in Grand Forks. (There is no 5 star property in Grand Forks. I have stayed in New Zealand resorts and the Waldorf in NYC, so I reserve my ratings for 5 star quite carefully.)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Kevin R, General Manager at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our property. We especially appreciate the kind words from such a seasoned traveler. Please come back and see us again. We greatly appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

The executive room is spacious and nice. The shower head in the bathroom has absolutely no pressure and makes for long showers to rinse the shampoo from everyone's hair.

The wi-fi was almost non existent in the rooms.

We ate at Altos for breakfast and although the waitress was very friendly, the service was terrible. My medium poached eggs came back hard, I asked to substitute veggies for hashbrowns and I got both and charged for the veggies. The food was mediocre and and although we asked for 3 separate bills at the start, the waitress told us she would do it at the till. When it came time to pay the bill, we had to wait for her to tally the bills and she couldn't do it after all.

I wouldn't go back.

• Stayed: November 2013
Kevin R, Director of Sales at Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thanks for your review. I am excited to report that our water pressure issue that we have been trying to correct for some time has been resolved. We have managed to increase the psi in the rooms and hope you see the difference should you choose to return. Thanks for your review and we will follow up with your other comments. We strive to offer the finest in accommodations and food & beverage. Every review helps us reach that goal.