I traveled to Grand Forks, North Dakota to attend a football game at the Alerus Center and booked lodging in the Canad Inn that is attached to the Indoor football facility. The Inn features three restraunts and lounges and a waterpark. If you are attending a University of North Dakota football game it is the perfect location. There is no reason ever leave the facility and there is plenty for kids of ages to do with attached water park. It is also a wonderful destination location for people in the upper midwest with all the amenities.
With all that said there are some down sides to the place. When you arrive there is no easy place to drive up close to the building to unload luggage nor assistance available. I had to park a half a block away and then "find" a luggage cart. The desk staff was friendly but only 1 person was checking in people even though it was crowded and other staff were behind the desk but offered no assistance. The rooms are nice but not quite what you would hope for considering the cost of the lodging. It was difficult to find a comfortable climate setting for the room as well.
The restraunt and sports bars where trendy and nice, but the prices were high by midwest standards. You could order pizza to your room reasonably priced but everthing else was expensive.
The water park was a major attraction with lots of families and kids enjoying the large facility. There is a fee for using the facility. The facility looked like a lot of fun with features for all ages of kids and adults.
Attending a football game at the attached Alerus Center is a definite plus! This is a beautiful facility with huge animated score boards at both ends of the stadium. There was tailgating galore pre-game with hundreds of people enjoying themselves. It is a great place to watch a game and an experience not be missed.
Even though there are some short comings with the Canad Inn and Alerus Center, the positives far outway the negatives. Grand Forks and the people of the area are indeed lucky to have such a wonderful attraction!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 201 superior guest rooms, including Deluxe Queen Rooms, King Leisure Rooms, Kids Theme Rooms, Jacuzzi Theme Suites, Business Suites, Penthouse King Rooms & Suites, and our Penthouse on Main (1st floor level) business suites. We offer you three diverse restaurants, a two-level gaming lounge and inside access to the Alerus Center. Plus for the "children in all of us" our 40,000 square foot Splasher's of the South Seas Indoor Waterpark and Garbonzo's Pizza and Arcade. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Canad Inns Destination Center Grand Forks Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Grand Forks
- Canad Hotel Destination Center