“nice change”
Review of Panera Bread

Panera Bread
Ranked #17 of 167 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Interesting food if you are looking for a change from the standard sandwich shop fare. Had a veggie sandwich which was unexpectedly spicy, very enjoyable.
I would say the set up makes this place lose points. I found the menu hard to read, the coffee area easy to miss (several people came to me asking where I had found the coffee, I found it quite easily but perhaps it has something to do with the flow). The staff also seem to do quite a bit of wandering about trying to find customers with their food

There are newer reviews for Panera Bread

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Was so happy when they announced this store opening in GF. I had previously gotten hooked on their cinnamon crunch bagel and now have access again. Also, a good location for off time studying, relaxing, or nursing a baby!

Reviewed June 10, 2014

If you've been to one Panera Bread you've pretty much been to them all. I've been to a few in the MidWest and California and for the most part they're all the same. Sandwiches are good, pastries very good (and I like the fact they show how many calories are in the various pastries up on the display board) and we love their broccoli cheese soup. But it's not a cheap lunch. You can easily spend $10 there on lunch and not leave with a full stomach. Not really a place to take little ones. And the Grand Forks location still seems to have problems with the way they move customers along in the checkout line.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Feels like they are perpetually under staffed - especially if you drive through. You can't blame the guys working there because you always see them running around and there is too much for them to do until they remember you pulled up. Inside, it's not that bad, they take the order soon, and the food gets to you quick too. So, if you want to pick up food, park your car, walk in and get an order to go. You would save a lot of patience and time!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

My wife and I recently visited the Panera Bread in Grand Forks. This was our second visit to the restaurant since it opened. I ordered the asaigo steak sandwich and my wife ordered the fontina grilled cheese. While my wife's sandwich was served hot (which makes sense), my steak sandwich was served cold (didn't see that coming). I've written Panera about a menu suggestion, and I hope that they take it under consideration. Also, and i don't know why this irritates me, but screaming babies in restaurants is kind of like running fingernails over a chalkboard. I understand that families like to go out as a family and have a nice meal, but if your baby and/or little one can't sit through a meal without screaming bloody murder, then maybe take out or a babysitter is in order. Call me what you will, but I'd like to go out to eat with my wife, and escape the rigors of this crazy world by having a nice quiet meal with the one I love, without having it interrupted with spine tingling esque screams from the table next door.

1  Thank VanillaSkinny