“A very good choice”

Perkins Restaurant & Bakery
Ranked #37 of 168 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American
Reviewed April 16, 2014

There is nothing fancy about this place, but it consistently has good food. We were there recently for breakfast and again yesterday for pie.....oh, I love that coconut cream pie. My hubby had Raisin Cream and he said it was "ok". They are always very friendly, helpful and prompt. Wish I would have gotten the young man's name that waited on us, but I like his friendly banter and easy way. My only complaint about this place is the seats in the booths are so low you feel like you can barely see over. I do not like sinking into a seat - even my husband commented they are not comfortable when they sink so low. Maybe we should go for a table next time.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

The restaurant was right outside our hotel and the food was great...no different than any other Perkins but nice

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

Perkins is my favorite place for breakfast in Grand Forks. The atmosphere is pleasant even though its always busy. And even though they are always busy I have never had to wait more than 10 minutes and usually get seated immediately. The service is always attentive and friendly. Perkins coffee is THE best in town. It's the perfect strength and has a delicious roasted flavor. The food always tastes fresh and is cooked perfectly. They have a large variety of food and yet everything always tastes delicious. The prices are average and the food is definitely not overpriced. I highly recommend Perkins.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Upon arriving from Winnipeg after a long drive, we stopped at Perkins for lunch. The food was ample and delicious. Would go again. Staff was also very friendly and capable.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Ate here for 'lupper" at 315 on a saturday afternoon. My friend had a turkey club that looked wonderful and I had a cheeseburger. Both of us loved our food. The menu is what you typically get from Perkins, prices start around 9$ an entree. My soda was $2.49 my friends coffee was $2.19. They brought me many refills and left a pot of coffee for her on the table. I did feel the service was better than I have gotten before. There was our waitress, then there was someone who apperared to be a floor manager who also brought drinks and refills, this extra help really made the waitstaffs job easier and our service better. Everyone was cheerful and friendly. My only complaint was that it got colder the longer we sat there. By time we left we both wanted our coats on. Possibly they were just cooling down for the supper rush when the restaurants fill up and it can get hot. Those pies sure look yummy at the door!!