“happiness is a Margarita”

Paradiso Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 167 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 40 years, we have been the hot spot for birthdays and celebrations. Our delicious Mexican cuisine and atmosphere provide a fun dining experience in each of our five locations across North Dakota. Whether your group chooses to dine in Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Jamestown or Grand Forks, you will receive free chips and salsa and extraordinary specials. Every day of the week has its own special on everything from nachos to fajitas to dessert! When deciding on a Mexican restaurant to celebrate a birthday or relax, choose Paradiso.
Reviewed June 29, 2014

very busy was seated after a short wait, prompt and friendly service, very profesional, great service, large menu, food was plentiful and very tasty,

There are newer reviews for Paradiso Mexican Restaurant

Reviewed June 7, 2014

We went for dinner tonight, the restaurant was empty but the hostess insisted on taking our name and making us wait before walking us into the empty restaurant. Upon recovering my food that had obviously been sitting under the food lamp for too long as my sauce had a hard top all over it. When I asked the waitress if it was normal to have a skin on the sauce she said yes and walked away. Never offered another meal as I wasn't happy and never came back to check on us again for the entire meal. Beyond disappointing! I will never be back!!!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

I'm originally from the this area and frequented La Campana Paradiso while attending UND. Every time I'm back to visit family, I try to include a stop at Paradiso. The most recent visit wasn't as wonderful as the previous ones. I started with an Orange Mango margarita and wish I'd stuck with beer. It tasted like an extremely sweet slushy! If there was alcohol in it, it was just a trace amount. The salsa was as wonderful as I remember it being - heavily flavored with cumin and cilantro which suits me fine! The chips on the other hand were nothing special. I've had grocery store chips that were better. My husband had the Noon Chimi and said it was good. I had the Chile Verde Carnitas Burrito. The pork was not as tender, nor as seasoned as it is at other Mexican restaurants. The tomatillo sauce on top was fabulous though. I could have drank it! LOL Will I stop there the next time I'm in Grand Forks? Yes, but I'll be more selective on what I order.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

It has lots of seating but is often busy, but worth the short wait. A popular place to go for a Birthday to get a free meal for the person celebrating a Birthday. The Hot sauce is mild enough to eat, and I especially like their Enchiladas with Green Gravy. My wife usually orders the Sampler Platter, always enough with extra to take home.

Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

Stopped in with family on our last day in town. Seated right away because it was not busy, which was great. The chips seemed kind of salty but still good. They give each person their own little bowl of salsa instead of sharing one big bowl like most mexican restaurants do. Overall it was a good meal and we always stop in to eat whenever in town.