“Birthday supper!”

Ranked #4 of 165 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: For over 40 years, we have been the hot spot for birthdays and celebrations. Our delicious Mexican cuisine and atmosphere provide a fun dining experience in each of our five locations across North Dakota. Whether your group chooses to dine in Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Jamestown or Grand Forks, you will receive free chips and salsa and extraordinary specials. Every day of the week has its own special on everything from nachos to fajitas to dessert! When deciding on a Mexican restaurant to celebrate a birthday or relax, choose Paradiso.
WESTON
“Birthday supper!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We are originally from the area. And every time we come back to see family and friends this is one of our stops we have to make. Loved the changes they made inside. It is always like coming home. Glad it is still there and is still a great place to eat....

“Overrated dog food”
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

Growing up in west Texas and Las Cruces, New Mexico, I was spoiled with some of the best Mexican food. After living in Grand Forks for a year and a half my husband and I decided to try Paradiso after noticing how packed it always is and how many people rave about it. Our expectations were low as we know we are far north of the border, but seriously this was a major let down. I do NOT for the life of me know how this place is so popular other than the fact that so many people are accustomed to canned, bland, greasy food in our fast food culture. The chips tasted like Doritos tortilla chips and the salsa tasted like jarred pace picante. I ordered the chile relleno, a favorite of mine in New Mexico. It was nauseatingly bad! It was greasy and bland, with a soggy texture. The veggies on the side were a mix of frozen vegetables that were also soggy. I ordered guacamole which I didn't know could be messed up but it was disgusting. It seemed like the paste you buy in the deli section of the grocery store. My husband had the steak burrito. He is not one to leave any food on his plate, he will eat just about anything, but even he was picking at his food with much left on the plate. The atmosphere is nice and the service was good, however that's all this place has going for it. If you are visiting Grand Forks, take my advice and skip the Mexican food. There's a host of better quality delicious restaurants in the area where your money will be better spent.

2 Thank CMSM1989
Minnesota
“Shockingly delicio”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

While my wife and I really like North Dakota and its people, when choosing to go to a Mexican restaurant our expectations weren't too high. Boy we're we surprised. Upon entering the parking lot and moments later to the inside, both of us had déjà vu of fond Mexican Restaurant memories of places we had enjoyed in San Angelo, TX and Albuquerque, NM. The food was no exception and The folks in Grand Forks can be proud they are home to a fine Mexican eatery. I would recommend this place to any of my friends in So. Calif or Arizona where my roots are and where the bar is set high for quality Mexican cuisine. If the salsa isn't hot enough for your taste, just ask and your server will bring out hotter mixtures readily. Chips and salsa will greet you shortly after you sit down and they have an extensive menu. Service was friendly, drinks are kept filled and you can get all the chips/salsa you wish. Main courses are large. Alcoholic beverages are available as well as dessert. Oh and much to my liking, this place serves coca cola products.

Take note, the sign outside says "Paradisio" not La Capana Paradisio, so if you're new to this place don't worry that the sign is different than tripadvisor suggests. Bottom line, a memorable meal and we'll be back!

1 Thank BorealForestDweller
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Nice family dinner”
Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

We went recently on a Sunday with our daughter. She had the chicken strips, fries, and a slushy-type drink (kiwi). Hubby and I shared the super burrito.

The chips and salsa were, of course, awesome. The burrito was better than I remember it being, it seems like the beef tasted better.

Our waitress was attentive, and the food was bright it in a timely manner. We didn't feel pressured at any time to pay and leave.

Enjoyable experience, and we will come again (we love that kids eat free on Sunday).

• Visited June 2013
Winnipeg, MB
“Always good Mexican food”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

My wife and I are just back from a getaway to Grand Forks and as is often the case we went over to La Campana Paradiso for some good Mexican food that, until recently was not available in Winnipeg.

We've been visiting there for so long we've found our favorites and usually stick with them visit after visit. For me it's the burrito dinner, with a ground beef burrito smothered in red sauce, accompanies by a cheese tostada, chile relleno and mexican rice. For my wife it's the chicken burrito Monterey, with a burrito filled with chicken, broccoli, jack and mozzarella cheese as well as sauce and rice. And as always the salsa and chips are free. With a beer and a margarita it runs to $35 plus tip.

This restaurant is huge, holding over 300 people - but somehow service is almost always faster than you'd expect. With the music in the background and the big screen TVs all over broadcasting baseball, hockey, football or whatever, this is not the place for a quiet dinner (especially on Sundays when kids eat free). But if you're looking for good Mexican food this is usually a good place to go.

• Visited June 2013