“Beware of cold showers!”
Review of Green Mill - CLOSED

Green Mill
Cuisines: Italian, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery
Reviewed May 8, 2013

We attended on March 22, 2013 for dinner. At the beginning of our meal our waitress spilled a glass of ice water over two people in our party. We had to change tables because of the amount of water that was projected. We fully understand that acccidents do happen and the waitress did apologize. The problem however was what followed or/didn't follow. Firstly, who we assumed was a manager was sitting doing "bookwork" of some kind when the accident happened. He did not attend to see if we were okay, or apologize; Secondly, to our dismay when one of us asked for extra dipping sauce, we were told by the waitress, okay, but there was what I believed she said to be a .59 cent "upcharge"; Thirdly, when sweet potatoe fries were ordered (by the person who was directly hit by the water) again, we were told there would be another upcharge; and Finally, when we got the bill we half expected at least one meal to be covered or a free dessert offered, but nothing. This really is poor customer service "upcharging" for every little thing extra and moreover, not taking off a discount after being soaked and inconvenienced. Needless to say we were disappointed with the reaction or lack thereof to this incident by both the server and the manager who saw it happen. Won't be going back there with so many wonderful restaurants to choose from in Grand Forks!

2  Thank Mile24

Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

Great place to take your wife to begin an evening out. Food and service were very good. Waiter was very attentive and helpful with the menu. The dinners were well presented and flavorful.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Nice to have a Green Mill closer to home than Minnesota! Always excellent food and service no matter where they are located.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Have been there many times and always find something I enjoy on the menu. I do believe they are going to price themselves out of the market soon though and know that is a factor for many of us in the number of times we go out to eat. I do love meeting my friends here because it is a bright cheery and usually very clean place to go.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We ordered beers and salads. Both were good. The waitress recommended a beer to my husband and he really enjoyed it. The chicken stir fry salad my husband ordered was really good, lots of tasty sauce. I had the coconut chicken salad which tasted very good although very chintzy on the dressing. I had ordered it with "no onions at all" and they complied as far as the red onion went. But they dumped chopped green onions all over it. So... green onions aren't onions? However, I picked around them rather than make a stink.