“Worst Experience”

Dining options: Reservations
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Worst Experience”
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I brought my granddaughter to mexican village to try their fried ice cream. She had a yellow coupon from the coupon book that the schools in the area sell. We were seated by a waitress she handed us 2 menus and we presented her with the coupon and said that is all we came in for. She then took the two menus and later brought us chips and salsa. They were terribly stale and tasted like cardboard along with a runny thin salsa. The fried ice cream was ok, but the topping is a little soggy and not quite as good as paradiso. We then went to leave because the yellow coupons in the book are supposed to be completely free as stated in the books the only thing it said is dine in only. The waitress came to the door and said here's the bill. We were charged for the chips and salsa that we hardly ate. $1.97 per person so a total of 3.94. I thought the coupons were to entice new customers to come and try especially if they haven't been their in a while. We will not be going back ever again. the year before we had the same coupons and was not change for the chips and salsa. But now that I know that they change for the chips and salsa I will not go there again. I'm going to Paradiso were the chips and salsa are free and much better.

• Visited July 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
“Everything on the Menu is Fabulous”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Everytime we travel to Grand Forks this is the main restaurant we choose at least once or twice a day. The food is fabulous, the price is amazingly reasonable and the service is above and beyond. I recommend you try it at least once. I am sure you will be back again and again. :)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank navbil
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Can't beat the price”
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

The food here is actually pretty good. I have always had great service and the prices are great. The salsa that comes with the chips is not spicy but very flavorful. Fun atmosphere.

1 Thank KK051007
“Its cheap but not good”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

The chips tasted stale and the salsa mediocre, queso wasn't half bad but that "gravy" they put on every thing is like a mixture of enchilda sauce and actual brown gravy......gag. Service was good and this should have been my 1st clue......premixed canned margartias. Double gag!!!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank RJFfromCO
Orlando, Florida
“They still have the best food and prices.”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Every time I come to Grand Forks (a few times a year) I always head first to the Mexican Village. It never disappoints. The prices are very reasonable and the food is outstanding. Love the burritos with the brown gravy. Their chips and sauce are superb. Staff is friendly and accommodating. Always hot and fresh. Lunch specials are a true bargain. It is a Grand Forks institution and I hope it never changes. The best Mexican in the area.

• Visited March 2014