“Much Better”

Ground Round Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Ground Round Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 168 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Columbia Road South
Transit: Grand Forks Taxi makes several stops a day here. For those who walk on the wild side, there is a bus stop at the Columbia Mall
Description: The Grand Forks Ground RoundR Grill & Bar is a good time meeting place where family and friends can gather to enjoy a wide selection of great food and drinks!
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My husband and I have avoided this restaurant for years due to poor service and food a number of years ago. On our latest trip to Grand Forks we decided to give it another go. We sat int he lounge and enjoyed a fun atmosphere due to the pre-game before the Fighting Sioux hockey game, as well as good popcorn. Our server was excellent, as was our food. I enjoyed a perfectly cooked steak with hot, fresh onion rings and my husband had a large and delicious burrito. Prices were reasonable for both food and drinks. we will go back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my first visit to any Ground Round. It certainly will not be my last. We arrived late, and only for a couple drinks. Devon, our bar keeper was very kind, and didn't make us feel rushed to get out even though it was clearly getting near closing time. I will be going back as the drinks were of great value and the service was far above average.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Great menu with lots of selection. Plus, you get free popcorn, and can feed the whole family a decent meal for under $30. Always have good drink specials too.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had an incredible experience at the Ground Round in Grand Forks over the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend. We had a whole turkey dinner along with the trimmings (mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, dinner rolls and carrots). Everything was hot and delicious. I have never tasted such amazing turkey and the gravy was unbelievable. Kudos to the cooking and serving staff…everything was done with class and finesse! Service was AMAZING.

Coming from Winnipeg, our family has been going to the Ground Round for years. Since it is so close to the mall and shopping, it is our favourite place to stop for a rest, a snack or meal, a drink and good conversation. The service is always great, menu selection varied and every one is very friendly. The so-called “side” salad that I often order is certainly the “largest” side I’ve ever been served in a restaurant. The ingredients are fresh, cold, varied and displayed nicely (with the dressing on the side). Soups are always hot and tasty. We have never been disappointed with any appetizer/soup/entree that we’ve ordered and Matt (manager/owner) goes out of his way to come to talk to us every time we’re there, making us feel welcome and at home in his restaurant.

We look forward to our next visit at the Ground Round in Grand Forks!

E&P from Winnipeg

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Every time we visit Grand Forks, Grand Round is a must! Their appetizer happy hour is fantastic, all their food tastes amazing. It's always a treat when they have their free taco bar or free chili bar. I always leave here satisfied and full.... and with a wallet full of money, they have unbeatable prices (especially when it comes to their appetizers!)... There's a coupon floating around for free fried oreos at Ground Round! Added bonus! AND you can't beat free popcorn!

The restaurant is normally clean and we usually have good waitresses!