“Friendly service and awesome food!”
Review of Sanders 1907 - CLOSED

Sanders 1907
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 18, 2010

I've recently been for dinner with my now fiancee twice to Sanders. One of us usually gets the special of the night because of the variety and we always want to try new things. I ordered a rib-eye steak and it was huge! Mashed potatoes are to die for. We have had the same server both visits and his customer service was excellent! We usually go on a weeknight and its not loud or busy at all, which is nice to hold a conversation. Live piano player adds to the ambiance of the restaurant. No issues with the food, just wish I had more room for dessert!

Reviewed October 21, 2010

I was visiting family and it had been several years since I had been to Sanders1907. I had always considered it a treat to go there. On our first visit this trip, there were two of us. Our waiter was the downfall of this visit. He rarely came to our table, we would have to flag him down and then wait for him to come to the table. The restaurant was not busy there were about six tables occupied and two waiters. He spent most of his time in the kitchen. I had ordered Rib Eye steak med well, when our food finally arrived the steak was rare, not a major problem, I just asked if they could grill it a little more. We waited and waited, the other guest at the table finished their dinner, still no steak. I saw the waiter and asked is my steak ready yet., he went into the kitchen and came back out and said they are still workng on it. We wait longer finally he comes out with the steak. I eat my steak. Now we ask for the bill, 10 minutes go by finally the bill comes he disappears again. After 15 more minutes of no waiter we get tired of waiting for the waiter to come get the bill, we go to the bar and try to pay the bill there, he says we should pay the waiter. After we told him we waited 10 minutes to get the bill and 15 more to try and pay he took the money. We never saw our waiter again.
We thought it was just a bad night for the waiter. Three weeks later five of us go to the restaurant. A different waiter, a Tuesday night and the restaurant has about ten tables filled. Again we go through the where is our waiter? We were there for 2 1/2 hours. Whenever we did see the waiter we would have to try and get his attention just to get some service. What a disappointment!

5  Thank Mark1Rob
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Sanders is a truly unique Grand Forks experience! From the excellent wine list and largest bar in North Dakota to the uniqueness of the menu and specials, this is a top notch restaurant! Service is prompt and professional. The menu is smaller, but with several gems! Try the duck, filet, or tuna...or enjoy one of the weekly specials. All of the staff is helpful and have a great knowledge of the food!! Our server had been there over 15 years! This downtown local favorite is in the hunt for best Restaurant in North Dakota and the service, menu, and atmosphere will prove it to you!

1  Thank DakotaCuisine
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Was highly recommended by regulars over years and years but even they admit it has been slowly declining. Finally made a point of having a nice night out on my last trip to Grand Forks. Very nice place to have a drink if you can get seat at the bar or if your focus is conversation with your dinner guests and/or drinking. If you are foody, don't expect too much. Service was no better than any chain restaurant and food uneven. In a small market town like Grand Forks the lack of competition in the form of a non-chain is limited and while I can see that someone in the kitchen is trying the overall delivery is lack luster, lazy. Overpriced for what it delivers, long in the tooth.

3  Thank purplespud
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Wow! Went here for a large group business dinner (8). Food was excellent. Service was excellent. We had 3 bottles of wine at our table and the waiter refilled all glasses on several visits. A very pleasant evening and dining experience.