“Reputation exceeds results”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
The Prairies
“Reputation exceeds results”
Reviewed April 26, 2010

Was highly recommended by regulars over years and years but even they admit it has been slowly declining. Finally made a point of having a nice night out on my last trip to Grand Forks. Very nice place to have a drink if you can get seat at the bar or if your focus is conversation with your dinner guests and/or drinking. If you are foody, don't expect too much. Service was no better than any chain restaurant and food uneven. In a small market town like Grand Forks the lack of competition in the form of a non-chain is limited and while I can see that someone in the kitchen is trying the overall delivery is lack luster, lazy. Overpriced for what it delivers, long in the tooth.

3 Thank purplespud

“Outstanding dining experience!”
Reviewed April 17, 2010

Wow! Went here for a large group business dinner (8). Food was excellent. Service was excellent. We had 3 bottles of wine at our table and the waiter refilled all glasses on several visits. A very pleasant evening and dining experience.

Grand Forks
“Not as good as it used to be”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

Our last few experiences at Sanders have been really dissapointing. The food is bland, the service is s-l-o-w (and not in the "I'm letting you enjoy your dinner" way, but in the "I am too lazy to refill your drink glass" way) and the atmosphere - while somewhat nice - is destroyed by a giant TV hanging over the bar, and lighting that just isn't quite right. When I pay that much for a meal, I don't expect to be searching for a salt shaker. This food certainly isn't what it used to be, and I think Sanders has outlived its glory days. I think a shakeup in the kitchen is in order.

6 Thank EatLoveTravel1994
Grafton, ND
“Still the top spot in town”
Reviewed February 15, 2010

I have lived in this area all my life and this is still the only true treat in Grand Forks. The Toasted Frog currently may hold the title of number one, and although it has a few positive aspects, Sanders will always beat out the trends. The only place in town I consider a change from everyday-- plain and simple.

Lorette
“Great service, great food.”
Reviewed November 17, 2009

We had a very pleasant evening which was a pleasant change to the run of mill restaurants around Columbia mall. From the drinks to the appetizers, the main course and dessert, it was all great. And the service matched the food. They went out of their way to ensure we had a memorable evening.