“Worth the trip!”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We had booked for our anniversary dinner and were eagerly anticipating the meal - it did not disappoint. From the ambiance to the decor and background music it was excellent. Brendan our waiter, was attentive but not unobtrusive. The French Onion Soup was great, and the never-ending French bread a perfect accompaniment. I had fresh Marlin and my husband rib-eye. I cannot fault the food at all except perhaps it is a little pricey, the pistachio cheesecake was phenomenal and worth every penny. Definitely top-notch and we will go back. Perfect for special occasions and they do have a private room available.

There are newer reviews for Sanders 1907

Reviewed August 1, 2013

I never ate at Sanders when I lived in GF because I thought I could not afford it. It is defiantly the place to go for special occasion, celebration or to impress. Drinks good, atmosphere even better.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

my husband and I came from Winnipeg to visit the city, the place looked clean and the food was good ,price was a lil high.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Food was very well prepared all were impressed with their platters. Very attentive service Good wine

Reviewed June 5, 2013

I was staying with friend in Grand Forks and wanted to treat him to a good dinner. He and several other friends all recommended Sanders 1907. We were there on a Friday night. It was quite busy. I wanted a regular chair and not a booth. Most were for much larger groups so they set a separate table for us. We had calamari and a cheese filled pastry for openers. The calamari was excellent. I had the same in a Greek restaurant in Kenora the day before so I could compare the offerings and was very pleased. Sanders provided three sauces which was nice. For dinner my friend had a New York Strip and I had Lamb. We exchange tastes and both of us were pleased with both offerings. They were cooked just right with a lot of flavor. We both had garlic mashed potatoes that we improved slightly with a bit of butter. This really is a quality restaurant. It was expensive. The bill was $135 and we had no alcohol.