“Three times great”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 5, 2011

It's one of those restaurant that you just go back to. If you're making a weekend of it and want to get away from the run of mill restaurants that frequent malls then this in the one. This is our third time, different meal each time and we just can't complain. Great service, atmosphere and attitudes. It's downtown but outside of that!!! It's a higher end restaurant so the price reflects it but it has a great wine selection and entertainment.

There are newer reviews for Sanders 1907

Reviewed November 22, 2011

I had the special for dinner. It was a New York strip with garlic mashed potatoes and vegetables. The steak was delicious. Also had the pumpkin cheesecake which was amazing. A bit pricey but worth it.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

I always got the impression that Kim believed his restaurant was the piece de resistance of Grand Forks. Food is good. Service depends on the waiter. Prices are geared for the city's aristocracy which got him the building post flood at a song.

2  Thank Juan R
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is our second trip back to Sanders and we were very pleased again with the food and service. Our child is a student at the University of North Dakota and was turning 21 so we figured this would be a great place to celebrate. When we dine, we usual like to start with a drink and conversation. The waiter picked up on the fact that we were there to relax and enjoy our family time. When it came time to order appetizers, I asked his opinion about a wine to complement my pate. He was right on with his suggestion. While we were eating our meal, the owner came by and asked how everything was going. I always think it's a smart move for owner's to make sure patrons are happy. My lamb was delicious, my husband's walleye was outstanding and our child was very pleased with his filet mignon. All in all, a great celebration!

1  Thank ruaspickyasme
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I love Sanders - that I can wear jeans and feel comfortable, or a formal gown, or (like Saturday night) see people in pretty wild Halloween costumes having a blast. The wait staff is a highlight - waiters that have been working there for decades and have pride in their job. Ours on Saturday night struck just the right tone of present but not hovering. He was able to "talk wine" with my colleague who knows way too much about the subject, but at no point was snobbish about it. The food is heavily meat-based, but as a vegetarian I loved one meatless dish on the menu - the 4-cheese ravioli. Preceded by their wonderful Greek salad, and with a piece of pumpkin cheese cake (made in-house) shared at the end, the food was excellent. The blues band that started around 9 pm was also a winner - not too loud, dance-able, and lovely.

Sanders is perfect for a special event evening, but is also a great place for late night noshing. Sometimes walk-ins can be accomodated, especially at the full-service bar.