“Cute lil place in CanadInn”
Review of L'Bistro

L'Bistro
Ranked #113 of 169 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2014

We arrived a little late in the evening (8:30ish). Waited for a long time for someone to notice us. Even looked around the corner and their was a server (must not have been on duty) just staring at us.
Eventually we did get seated. Our server was friendly and accommodating. We each had a meal and an appetizer. I was impressed with the selection of the menu.
Despite our initial experience, we would recommend for the food and the server that we had.

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Located next to the Alerus Center, a couple blocks from University of ND and with an inside connection to the Canad Inn (important when its 30 below), this is a casual place with a local flair. Fairly standard italian food that is a step up from Carraba's or Olive Garden but still casual enough to be family friendly and appropriate for snow boots and wool hats.

Full bar with plenty of beer, wine and cocktails, with TVs for watching the game in the bar if you wish.

Great selection of pizzas in a range of sizes, all of which are half price on Mondays. Great appetizers including fried stuffed green olives, a tasty and unusual treat.

Reasonably priced, reasonably portioned. If you're tired of the Applebee's and Ruby Tuesdays of the world, give this local place a try. Large parties accomodated or perfect for a solo traveler.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Had the crab cakes and seafood penna. Absolutely delicious! Shane was an awesome bartender/waiter. As I was dining solo I ate in the bar. Would definitely recommend!

Reviewed January 9, 2014

I have eaten here before and I liked it then and now. I got the New Orleans linguine and got it extra spicy. it had sausage and shrimp with banana peppers. I am taking half of it home since it was a good serving portion. At half price Tuesday pastas ... how can you go wrong? I asked for extra bread for my to go and wasn't charged. Always makes me happy when I get free stuff :) Server was pretty great too... 8.03+ tip? Why yes I will !!!

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We liked the harpist playing, and my daughter and I agreed that the Pizza was excellent, and better than the Rhombus Guys, with a better atmosphere (and better parking, etc.). Nice place to take children.

1  Thank UCLAPSYMD