“Lovely, new and clean”

Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
“Lovely, new and clean”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I had a very pleasant stay. Hotel is new, very clean and very comfortable. Close to shopping. Excellent breakfast. Staff were pleasant and courteous. I appreciated the variety of food in the breakfast buffet and the all day coffee service.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Reviews that give praise to each of the areas we focus on like this are always a highlight to every day. Thank you for making us more than just a stop in your adventures and taking the time to really enjoy the ammenities. As always, thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn & Suites. Looking forward to your next stay!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed at the brand-new Hampton Inn and Suites, and we were as impressed as every other time we've stayed at their chain. I was surprised that they didn't have a Military Discount for a king suite, but they DID have a fantastic price for a two-queen bedroom. At that price, it was worth it. The one small critisism was the smaller-ish pool, but still a great hotel. Scrambled eggs & sausage one morning, omlettes & bacon the next. Not your standard cereal and toast place (which were still available) - All complimentary, of course.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for the recommendation! I'm sorry that there are restrictions on which rooms are eligible for discount, though I'm glad to see that a suitable arrangement was made for you, so thank you for giving that room choice a shot. Looking forward to having you back!
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We stayed here primarily because it was the same price as every other hotel in Grand Forks and because it was brand new. The room size was impressive and you didn't feel like you were tripping over one another. It was very clean and comfortable. The continental breakfast was pretty good. We will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Welcome, and thank you for choosing us from the pool of hotels comparative in both rate and quality. I know that it is important to each and every Hampton hotel to ensure a level of comfort that exceeds the expectations of our guests, so the added element surprise due to the grandeur in room size really does make my staff and myself feel like we're accomplishing something great. Of course, your next visit is something that we look forward to. Thanks again!
LosAngeles, CA
Reviewed September 9, 2013

What a beautiful hotel. The lobby was gorgeous. The pool sparkling, and the room was larger than an average room. The front desk was friendly and remembered an earlier conversation, so they asked about our evening when we returned. Made me feel like I had a new friend. The hotel is on a quiet street - nice change from a hotel off the side of a highway.

Only misstep with the room was no soap, shampoo, conditioner, nor lotion in the room. But that was taken care of in a flash. The breakfast was typical Hampton and the misstep there was the oatmeal had clearly died a death and needed to be replaced.

We'd gladly stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm glad that despite the deceased oatmeal and lack of toiletries that you found your stay to be enjoyably friendly. Grand Forks is a quietly fun little place to explore, so we are always happy to know that our guests are happy about their return to the hotel. I know that I have personally had experiences when I dreaded the end of the night because I was not comfortable with my lodgings- so to have successfully built a hotel that calls you back is a personal victory. We are all looking forward to your return! Thank you for staying at the Hampton Inn!
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 8, 2013

New Shirts always have wrinkles... but its expected! This is a brand new hotel and they are doing a very good job in ironing out their wrinkles. It sure is a nice shirt! ;)

I have worked for the hospitality industry for years. I have also worked for The Four Seasons, Wyndham, Hilton & Hampton during my career. I have also opened 2 hotels and I can tell you it is a LOT of work. I feel that they are doing a pretty awesome job, but they do have some things to work out.

We booked our reservation for 2 beds and when we arrived, they only had a room with one bed left. I know that we booked on a 3rd party, but knowing the industry I also know that the room type is guaranteed with this booking agency. I honestly wanted to get out of the reservation but we were exhausted and I just didn't want to deal with it, and the staff were soooo NICE that I actually felt bad showing my displeasure with the booking issue. Oh well...They just need to make sure they are doing a better job managing their 3rd party channels.

When we got to the room, i was blown away! GREAT room. BRAND NEW! Everything was beautiful. I think they were trying to be cute by placing a ugly yellow post-it note that said my duvet was cleaned fresh on the bed, but I found that pretty tacky.. loose it guys lol. Sorry to be harsh - your rooms speak for themselves. :) Only complaint about the room was that I found a dirty towel hanging on the back of the bathroom door. so yeahhh.... that's when you start looking around to make sure the housekeeper didn't forget to clean anything else.. they didn't.. thankfully! :) I am sure it was an honest mistake.

One last piece of advice to all the staff - put the cell phones away guys and gals.... you are at work... in the hospitality industry..... I shouldn't have to wait for you to finish your text message before you greet me.... Just sayin. :)

We had to be at an early appointment the next day so we only spent about 7 hours total at the Hampton Inn, but all in all it was pretty awesome. Besides the booking issue it was great. props to the staff - good luck!!! Keep up the good work! Next time we are up we cant wait to see that crisp, ironed shirt looking amazing!

Room Tip: 4th floor on the back side is quiet
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
I have to tell you that it is an honor to have had the pleasure of hosting someone with such experience in hospitality. I do not know how it came to be that you made your way to Grand Forks, but your expertise, appreciation, scrutiny, and your understanding have already made a distinct impact on my team and myself. I know that with every mistake or mishap, our staff at times feel like they've turned into that wadded up rain dampened shirt in the corner of the laundry room, but I could see a bit of confidence build up in those with whom I shared this review. Still wrinkled, but not as bad.
I'd also like to apologize for the mixup on your room arrangements. We are still working out our communication issues with 3rd party booking agencies, and this will go far to assist in smooth sailing in the future.
Thanks again and I hope that next time you're in town that we will be your first choice.
herndon, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013

New hotel, great staff, everyone cares and makes you feel welcome. Great location to dining, shopping, interstate and town. This is Grand Forks. Gym is nice, nearly got in shape just looking at it. Really have run out of stuff to say. The hotel is a great addition to the Grand Forks are that offers everything a travel for one to many nights needs.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I have heard magical things about our fitness area, but your comment takes the cake. I cannot express how happy I am that your stay was so satisfying and that the team could make you feel so at home! Thank you for your praise and shining review, and as always, thank you for choosing the Hampton Inn.
Hopkins, Minnesota
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was looking for a place to stay for a weekend and I was pleased to see that this Hampton Inn was new and would be open in time for my stay. I had booked two rooms, one for myself and one for my mom and aunt, and the front desk agent made an effort to get us two rooms together. Our rooms were clean, well decorated and the beds very comfortable. I heard some footsteps above but nothing too extreme. We went down to enjoy the continental breakfast on Saturday and they had a variety of items for everyone.
The next day we left to let our room be cleaned, and we came back and the room was clean as expected.
I would say the only piece was they appeared to be short staffed on Sunday morning, as the continental breakfast was low on products and staff was scrambling around, trying to keep food filled, coffee replenished and to take care of the front desk, but it was a Sunday on a holiday weekend and it was only open for two weeks so I think this was an anomaly. It was also quite crowded but they opened up the conference room for seating.
Hampton Inn is always my preferred hotel, and this one did not disappoint me.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for understanding a bearing with us through Sunday's unusual breakfast rush. It has been an adventure predicting the speed and demand for Sunday mornings but I'm grateful that the majority of them have been experienced by seasoned Hampton guests. The feedback has really gone a long way in helping us improve our speed and quality of service. Thanks again, and we'll be looking forward to your next visit!