All reviews king studio suite fresh fruit complimentary breakfast great hotel breakfast was excellent comfortable beds the breakfast area would definitely stay here again front desk staff restaurants and shopping a great stay business trip waffles pool and hot tub stayed one night hockey tournament staff was very friendly and helpful
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is a brand new, spotless hotel with a good staff and a good breakfast. Super clean rooms and bathrooms, clean carpet, good TV with HBO, etc. The typical Hampton Inn, just brand spanking new. Very pleasant stay, as usual for Hampton. It's in a good location if you want hit some good restaurants and shopping in Grand Forks.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank the_Emges
Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thank you for being a frequent Hampton guest and letting us know that we are meeting standards! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we all hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Got there and our room wasn't ready so we got upgraded no problem. Loved the fitness center - best one I've ever used in a hotel. The fire alarm in the room above us went off but was taken care of after a quick phone call. Seemed like the staff was still getting comfortable but all-in-all a good stay.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Cody W

I'm glad to see that the hiccups presented during your stay were taken care of and that you were satisfied with your stay! Thanks for the review on the fitness center, also. It isn't mentioned much, but thus far, the reviews have been top notch. Looking forward to your next visit!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

You can tell this hotel is BRAND new, it smells new, fresh, and is VERY VERY clean!!! Yes there were a few bumps in the road throughout the weekend, but the hotel front staff smoothed everything over very calmly and efficiently. Thank you Scarlet and Jason for everything!!! You both are fantastic and this hotel will be a huge success because of you two!! We can't wait to stay with you all very soon!

1  Thank 962johnnyp

Thank you for your review! I know Scarlet and Jason were both very pleased to hear that their service standards were noted and effective. We're thankful for guests like you to help shape the future of the hotel!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I originally wanted to use my honor points at Hilton Garden but did not get my reservation in eary enough. It was move in weekend at UND and when we checked in we found old food in the refrigerator and the breakfast the next morning was a desaster. They only had one employee on duty and occupancy had to be almost full. 20 people standing in line for bacon and eggs that came out in tiny amounts, that didn't make it past the first five people. I brought it to the attention of the MOD ( manager on duty) and all he did is made excuses. Never asked what he could do to rectify. I have been in the Hospitality business for over 30 years and they plain "blew". Usually new properties are over staffed when they are new. Not so.

1  Thank Jim M
Kyle C, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

First of all, I would like to personally apologize to you. When our customers leave dissatisfied, it gives all of us an opportunity to reflect on what could be done better next time, and prompts us to work to do everything that we can to prevent a repeat of the situation. We have had some growing pains in the first month of business, but this will be a great one to learn from. I'm sorry there wasn't more to be done to improve the flow of the breakfast rush, and I hope that should you choose to be our guest in the future, your experience will then meet the Hampton standard. Thank you for being an integral part of our growth. We appreciate your business and feedback.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Top to bottom clean and comfortable. The staff was excellent. I booked my next stay before I left. The hotel was booked full on our stay - the staff was busy but took time with each guest. Parking was well lit and safe. Close to arenas and area restaurants. I would have no doubt in recommending this hotel to friends and family.

1  Thank James R

Thank you for your encouraging response! Such a positive message after our first fully booked weekend not only lowers the stress level of our staff members, but for those who have read this, it also brings out a level of confidence and pride in them that is refreshing and very gratifying to see. Thank you also for the recommendations! We're looking forward to your next visit and again, I'm very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us!