“Come hungry, you will want to clean your plate”
Review of Shing Ya

Shing Ya
Ranked #37 of 167 Restaurants in Grand Forks
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed March 22, 2013

I had lunch here and ordered the combo of one special roll (Dacotah) and one regular roll (Baby Lobster). There are a few local restaurants that serve sushi and I've tried all the others except one. This one ranks in the top two for me after today. As far as price for the amount of food--well you get a LOT of food for what you pay.
We sat at the sushi bar, which was elevated enough for us to watch everything they did to our rolls. If you've never watched, I would recommend it here because you can see what's going on.
The sushi chefs make everything look so easy and the are effecient without being too showy. I like that they care more about the quality of the food they're preparing than the show they put on.
All the workers seemed very friendly. Food came quickly. It took us far longer to consume our food than it did for our food to be prepared.
Before I give this five stars, I need to try more of the sushi. But between two of us, we ordered two special rolls and two regular rolls. All four were delicious and filling. The plate presentation was better than any other sushi place in town.
The hours of operation are limited, so check before you go. Hopefully, if business grows, their hours will, too.

There are newer reviews for Shing Ya