“Ihop”

Winnipeg, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ihop”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

average breakfast service is slow food is usually average luke warm bathrooms could use a good cleaning

Visited August 2013

Winnipeg, Canada
“good food”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

good food and lots of it, fast service, reasonably priced, good parking for handicap, no waiting, friendly staff

Visited July 2013
“Dirty place with terrible staff”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Waited 10 minutes to be seated with only 10 people in the whole place? Then get seated at a dirty table. Went to the bathroom and the kitchen was flooded with water and staff just standing around instead of cleaning up all the messy areas. Got up and left without eating, would fire everyone working there.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Jackpinesavage2
Willow City, North Dakota
“Gotta love IHOP!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Decided to have a family breakfast there on a Sunday with 4 adults and 3 kids. They got us in right away and pulled together 2 tables for us. The waitress was real nice, brought us refills before we were out of our drinks. Food was excellent and served quickly

Visited June 2013
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“So Slow”
Reviewed May 23, 2013

A couple weeks ago, a couple friends and I met at I-Hop about 7:30pm. I saw two servers and the entire restaurant had three, maybe four tables of customers, including us. No large parties, just a couple people here, maybe three people there.

We were waiting on a fourth person and let the server know that. He took our drink orders, returned a few minutes later, then disappeared. The fourth person and I texted a little bit, he telling us of ongoing delays due to an unexpected upswing in business, and the three of us figured we'd give him until 8 then order our own dinners.

Eight o'clock rolled around and our fourth didn't show up. Our server was MIA, too. (And, no, we didn't mention the 8pm deadline we were giving our friend; we just counted on a bit more attentitiveness.) About 15-20 minutes, he did reappear and took our three orders. There weren't any special requests with our orders and nothing unusual about them -- a Smokehouse Combo, an omelette, and a sandwich.

Several minutes after nine, we were starting to wonder what happened to our food. Business hadn't increased, though I think one set of customers left and another took their place. I was just about to go to the kitchen and ask about our order when the other server showed up, smiling and with our food. She apologized for it taking so long (apparently they have a new trainee cook), passed out our food, and left.

I don't remember offhand if either of them stopped back to check on how our food was -- one of them might have; like I said, I don't remember -- but I do remember that sometime during our visit the first server showed up once or twice with fresh drinks for us.

I do enjoy the food at I-Hop -- I really did that night and my friends had no complaints about the food itself -- and the servers are friendly and personable. BUT the service is just so slow, it really makes eating there more frustrating than it's worth. We're already making plans to go someplace else the next time we get together.

(Note that this isn't the first time service has been slow for me there. I've been there on different shifts, on slow shifts and busy (okay, mostly slow) and slow service at this location is pretty typical.)

• Visited May 2013