“very good”

Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed September 7, 2012

The both times that I was at the hotel I had a king size bed and the room was clean and the service was good I would tell people to stay there. Only thing was that they dont have a pool so not good for small kids and no place to eat u will have to order some food. I will be back to stay there .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
AbviGrandForks, General Manager at Americas Best Value Inn Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Thanks a lot for leaving your feedback! We're glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We're always happy to provide excellent service! I would like to tell you that we are affiliated with other hotels in Grand Forks that will allow our guests to use their pool! Just ask the front desk staff for more information!

Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed September 5, 2012

America's Best Value Inn in Grand Forks North Dakota is a little property with a great big soul. Let me tell you why. When I made my online reservation, I added a note that I would like a clean carpet, a room that did not smell sour - and I did not want the air conditioning on resulting in a room climate more appropriate for penguins. I also wanted electrical outlets that worked. These requests were precipitated by a stay at the Ramada Inn in Grand Forks two weeks prior which was a sinky, sour, filthy experience that the front desk attendents did not attempt to ameliorate. When I arrived at ABVI after 10 hours of class in a Doctoral program at the University of North Dakota, I was greated by a front desk attendant who told me they had the carpet shampooed earlier in the day to ensure cleanliness. They had checked the room a few hours prior to my arrival to ensure the room was a pleasant temperature. I was surprised that someone actually read the comments on my online reservation and that they actually took my comments seriously. No, this is not a 5 star hotel, or even a 4 star hotel - it's probably a 3 1/2 star hotel at best, but the rooms are clean, there is a contenental breakfast and you would have to go far to find a hotel that matches the customer service ethic of ABVI. I will be in Grand Forks every two weeks for the next three years and plan to stay at ABVI whenever they can accomodate me.
From Winnipeg Manitoba

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was the last room in town. Apparently, Canadians flock to Grand Forks to shop on many weekends, snatching up the hotel rooms. At least we got a room. I would only stay here if no other rooms were available in town - it was clean, but very worn down.

Room Tip: No hairdryer, extremely small bathroom.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I have stayed there in the past and have not had any complaints. Excellent service. Employees were very friendly and helpful. Close to restaurants and the Speedway. The rooms have always been quiet at night so you can get a good nights sleep. Have recommended this to several friends. Plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Todd J

Thank you very much to take the time to leave us a review. We're glad to here you and your wife chose us when your travels brought you to Grand Forks. Our front desk staff is always happy to help make your stay even better! Our rooms are ultra-soundproof, providing a quiet, good nights rest. We hope to see you again when your travels bring you to Grand Forks!

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Our room was clean and neat. When we arrived the A/C was already on so the room was cool and inviting on a hot day. Unfortunately there was no pool or hot tub. The room was quiet and we had a good night's sleep. There was a free continental breakfast that included juice, cereal, bread/toast and sweet rolls.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much to take the time to leave us a review. We're glad you arrived to a nice and cool room on that hot day! I'd like to inform you about our affiliation with other hotels that allow our guests to us their pools! I'm also glad to hear that you enjoyed our delicious breakfast!

We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed August 28, 2012

I stayed there due to it being close to River Cities Speedway and the Speedway Steak House that I visit when I'm in Grand Forks. Value was well worth it. Rooms were clean and the staff was more than helpful. After I got back to Winnipeg I received a follow up letter from the General Manager thanking me for my stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Rod H
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have stayed there twice and find that the rooms are a great value. It is convienently close to the university campus, clean rooms, good breakfast, friendly helpful staff and easy access. I plan to cntinue to use this Inn each time I visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family