“The most comfortable beds!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grand Forks
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We have stayed here a few times and always found it clean & comfortable. We arrived later in the day and did not feel like going out to eat. The front desk girl was very helpful with menus & suggestions for delivery. The room was clean & modern. The beds are so comfortable! The breakfast was hot & plentiful. Bacon, eggs, biscuits & gravy, pancakes, cinnamon buns etc. One of the best hotels we stayed in on our trip.

Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Ellla5

Reviewed January 9, 2013

Recently stayed here to attend a UND hockey game (and spend the weekend drinking) with friends. We rented the apartment style suite, and were nothing short of blown away when we arrived. The room is about 800 sq feet, with a large open living room/dining room/kitchen and a separate bedroom, both with large flat screen TVs. One of the very few rooms you can stay in where you can sit in your room and socialize without someone sitting on a bed, and where 3 adults who do not wish to share beds can sleep (2 queen beds in bedroom, hide-a-bed in living room). Yes, I'll admit the hide-a-bed is not comfortable to sleep on (stick to the right side), but nothing that would incapacitate you. Suggestions for management: the closet that's right by the door? Put a rod in there so you can hang up your coat without going into the bedroom. I know the ironing board is important, but surely there is room for both.

Hotel otherwise is great, two hot tubs and a pool (which can be a bit loud when hockey tournaments are in town) which are open late. Great breakfast for those who don't want to venture out or pay to get coffee and snacks in the morning. Staff were great and very friendly (we checked out then moved ourselves into the lobby to watch football on TV prior to heading home).

Room Tip: Apartment Style suite - worth the extra money
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dave_S_Winnipeg
Reviewed December 26, 2012

I travel weekly for business and when I'm able to visit the Holiday Inn Express Grand Forks, it's always nice because I know what I'm getting for a hotel. The rooms well furnished with a mini-fridge and microwave and plenty of space. The staff has an attitude at times, but overall are very accommodating. The location is right off of Interstate 29 and is located near the Columbia mall, several shopping stores and many restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank maryjorgensen
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Apparently, Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express hotels have been on a cleaning 'jag' recently, because this was the third one in a row for me that was spotless, fresh smelling, cheerful, bright and well appointed. It's a Holiday Inn Express, so amenities are typical of the top discount hotel rooms, which is just fine. There's a small fridge in the room that can be easily unplugged if the compressor noise bothers you (I always unplug those cheap little fridges). The iron and ironing board are stowed in the small wardrobe cupboard. There's a coffee maker and the usual coffee and tea selections, along with a microwave in the executive king rooms. You get what you pay for. However, unlike several other Holiday Inn and Best Western properties at which I've stayed in recent months (and days), this one has excellent, wireless, high-speed connections throughout the hotel. Very few dropouts (I wandered the halls for ten minutes trying to find a bad spot and only found them near the mechanical rooms - nowhere near the guest rooms). Breakfast was the usual small buffet affair, quite fresh, plenty of selection in the cooler, and a small hot table as well. The coffee was good too and freshly prepared. The hotel is located just off the interstate, situated at one end of a big box plaza - BestBuy, lots of restaurants, national chain stores and so on - so there are good quality eating and shopping choices within very short walking distance. For travelers who are driving, highway access is fast and straightforward. The hotel is clearly visible from road routes in all directions. Despite the proximity to the highway, the modern hotel is quiet and comfortable. Staff is cheerful and very competent.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Agitater
Reviewed November 18, 2012

I booked this hotel for the expressed purpose of relaxing after shopping. I paid 154 dollars per night for this room, and assumed that I would ; a) get the room I paid for , and b) get a clean room. Neither was offered during my stay.
The sofa bed had dirty socks, popcorn, and receipts from over a month ago, leading me to believe that the room had not been looked at since before that date. After being told that I could not get the room I booked and prepaid for, I was told that I would be moved to another room that was suddenly available.
To their credit, I received a discount on the first night, which helped somewhat, but did not make up for the fact that I paid for a room I ultimately did not get.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank funia
Raymond K, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Grand Forks, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2012

Thank you for your review. The information I received from the staff indicated any issue was handled promptly and professionally. If this is not the case, please feel free to contact me as soon as possible.

Thank you again.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on our way back to Canada from Rapid City. We shop in Grand Forks alot, but have never stayed overnight. Now that we've stayed at this hotel, we will certainly book and stay here again.

Cleanliness was outstanding, the beds WERE AMAZING !! I am now going to have to inquire about what the name of these beds are, as I want one at home.

So conveniently located to main shopping, and the restaurant next door.

Breakfast was hot and great ! and the attendant was very friendly and helpful. Please let her know that she is doing an outstanding job ! She was working the morning of September 26, 2012.

The fridge and microwave in the little kitchen area were appreciated, even though we didn't use it as we only stayed the one night......

During our trip from Winnipeg down to Sioux Falls and Rapid City this hotel was by far THE BEST we stayed at. We will now look especially for Holiday Inn Express's from now on.

Thank you for the brief but wonderful stay at your hotel. We will be back.

Room Tip: You really have to stay at this hotel......impressive
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank candice c
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We checked in at the last minute on a Saturday so we expected a lot less. We were greeted with great service and were able to pick our floor. We chose the 4th floor and it was extremely quiet. Room was very nice, with super comfortable bed and large screen plasma tv. Went to the pool and hottubs at 10 am and had them to ourselves. Breakfast is not great but Ihop is next door so you have that option. Awesome stay, will definitely return!

• Stayed: September 2012