All reviews great hotel university of north dakota business center business trip easy access a great stay would stay again lobby area front desk staff clean rooms complimentary breakfast king bed und campus hgi aerospace proximity
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We brought our son to Grand Forks to begin his college experience and we stayed at Hilton Garden Inn. Very close to campus, (actually its adjacent to the Aviation section of campus). Restraunts within walking distance and ample parking in the lot. Only real complaint was our suite was a bit dark and had minimal furnishings for a suite. Plenty of space but there were no lamps to light the corners of the room or wall lighting. Could have used a few more end tables or maybe a coffee table in front of the couch. We were constantly looking for somewhere to set our drink down. Very clean and housekeeping did a perfect job. Stay here if you want to walk the campus, its very close.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed September 8, 2019

We had a really great stay. The room was really nice and the room and hotel overall is very Clean and classy looking. It is a good location in the city too. The staff were really nice too. However there is no complimentary breakfast.

Date of stay: September 2019
Reviewed August 26, 2019

Wonderful service and great location. The Staff were very kind and attentive. The location is excellent and convenient. Did not use the restaurant. Very clean hotel. We would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: August 2019
Reviewed August 25, 2019

I had a reservation for one night, as I wanted something dependable and close to the highway. The young desk clerk did not know much, but was friendly. He asked me for my credit card, which is usual. Before signing, I noticed the cost was higher. The clerk said this is standard and is a fee for "just in case anything happens". He removed the fee when he could provide nothing in writing. Glad I printed my reservation. My room air handler did not work. The same youngster from the desk told me that it is broken and proceeded to unplug the unit. I spent the evening with no air movement. I ate at the bar, listening to the staff babble. I enjoyed the beer, but not so much the food. There was a wedding, with loud folks running around my room most of the night. A stone kept the "secure" door at the end of the corridor something less than secure. I had a bit of a struggle with the curtains to keep the light out.

Date of stay: July 2019
Calvin-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks-UND, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2019

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay. We’ve addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 9, 2019

This is a very nice hotel. Though I didn't find housekeeping staff that overly friendly (maybe I expect too much from previous experiences), I enjoyed my stay. The room was clean, food was great. Just to emphasize the service, when we were approaching an elevator, a member of the maintenance staff just happened to be walking by the elevator. He looked back, saw us coming, pushed the elevator button, and continued on his way to wherever he was going. Very minor, but little things like that are still appreciated. Our checkout experience was awesome. We had a great conversation with the front desk person that had us all laughing quite hard. I'm sorry I forgot your name, but we talked about cars being fixed, so if you read this, know we appreciated your great sense of humor and you put our day off to a great start!

Date of stay: August 2019