“Great Location for UND, Alerus, GFAFB”

Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Grand Forks
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“Great Location for UND, Alerus, GFAFB”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times and for weeks at a time during work trips to Grand Forks. I love the location and the staff. The pool/spa and workout facility are just enough to get done what you need to do. Easy on/off interstate.

1 Thank NateLeben
HGIGFUND, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We are so happy to hear that we are your go-to hotel for your business trips to Grand Forks! We agree that our hotel is perfectly located near the interstate and UND. We appreciate your continued patronage and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Brittany Johnson, Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I just got home from the Hilton Garden Inn in Grand Forks, North Dakota. The staff was wonderful. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Good internet access made life easier while in my room. I do not eat regularly in the restaurant but it was good the two times I ate there. There are nice public areas in the hotel for meetings for work or family.

1 Thank Steve T
Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your wonderful comments. Our Garden Sleep System beds are extremely comfortable and we are happy that you enjoyed it! We hope to see you at our hotel again in the future.
Grand Forks, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

I travel to Grand Forks about 6-8 times per year. I always stay at the Hilton Garden Inn, and my stay is always terrific. I get a good night's sleep, can start my morning with exercise, and grab a filling breakfast. The hotel is about 5 minutes from UND, making it all-around very convenient.

1 Thank Nick A
Thank you for your continued patronage at our hotel! We are so happy that you always enjoy your stays with us. We strive to provide the best service to our guests and we look forward to having you at our hotel again soon!
Lakeville, MN, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

The rooms and bathrooms need to be updated. They are charging Hiton prices but the rooms are like staying at an Eco-Motor Lodge. There are nice and cheaper hotels in the area that I would stay at next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Jim H
Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. I appreciate your honesty and sincerely apologize if you found our bathrooms to be somewhat dated and in need of renovations. We are always looking for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest rooms as this is an area we are actively examining. I welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share. Your business is very important to us and I hope that you give us another chance next time you are in the area.
Grand Forks, North Dakota
Reviewed November 11, 2013

My three sons and myself stayed here for a long weekend to give my wife a few days break. The place is clean and quiet and the help was all friendly and responsive. I would give it 5 stars if it was a Motel 6, but....

The pool is TINY. Don't even think of swimming in it. It is 4'6" at it's deepest and maybe 15' long. The spa was equally tiny, but they often are, so no complaints there.

The bar is a countertop with just a few stools and a very poor selection of overpriced booze that closes at 10PM.

The breakfast is $10 for stuff you normally get for free as a continental breakfast at other places (although you can order eggs and meats too, granted).

I've stayed at many Hilton hotels all over the country, and the amenities here are the most lacking I've encountered at one. I feel sorry for the staff who obviously tried to make my stay pleasant!

We would definitely not stay here again unless the rates were cut significantly.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
HGIGFUND, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experiences at our hotel with TripAdvisor. We are very sad to hear you were not satisfied with your stay. We are happy that you found our staff friendly, as we strive to provide the best customer service to our guests. We appreciate your feedback and I will be passing these comments along to the appropriate departments. We hope you give us another try next time you are in the area.
Beresford, United States
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here when we came to visit UND. The desk attendant was very polite and helpful. I was very pleased with the quality and cleanliness of the room. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

HGIGFUND, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, November 9, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We agree our front desk staff is very friendly and helpful! We are happy to here that you will be back and look forward to seeing you again!
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Before going into considerable service issues, a couple of other comments. The hotel is newer and very clean and standard. It is in a good location but somewhat difficult to see from the main road as its a little bit back so keep your eyes out. As with most hotels in Grand Forks, the value is moderate and to be expected as you are paying a premium for weekend shopping and the same hotel would be slightly cheaper elsewhere. Without the service issues, it would be right in line with what we would expect to pay there.

We booked here instead of through a discount place as we wanted a Hot tub room. We arrived and the hot tub was not working. They offered to move us to another room of course but then found out none were available, we would have to take a suite with an extra room we would use and not hot tub.

We then had to ask, rather then be offered a discount on the room instead, and they only discounted to a regular room. We still could have gotten a better rate booking on our own.

Then we discovered the bed was absolutely terrible! It was completely caved in the middle and you would roll that way.

We took both issues to the front desk who said 'We already discounted your room, what more are you wanting.' I explained the issue and was told a manager would contact me which she did.

The result was still the same. Thanks for letting us know, we have more training to do, hope you try us again. If there is anything else, let me know. Essentially it is being left with us to determine a solution which I am was not going to do. If they cared about us trying them again, you would think they would offer a solution instead.

At this point, I am sad to say I won't be using this chain again which is to bad because I use them a lot in Canada for work and have had positive experiences.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan J
HGIGFUND, Front Desk Supervisor at Hilton Garden Inn Grand Forks, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with TripAdvisor. We are so sorry you were disappointed in your stay with us. It is our goal to make sure you have the most exceptional guest experience possible. We hope you consider staying with us again and can assure you that this is not our standard. I am confident we can make your next stay one of the best you've ever experienced.
If you would like to discuss your stay further please contact the hotel at 701.775.6000.